Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ntfs permissions

• 15-12-2008 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭

im not a big windows user,
    i have a harddisk that i use for copying stuff between a machine at work, home, my girlfiends machine etc.. so its windows filesystem for general compatibility rather than extfs.

its ntfs as some of these files thend to be > 4GB

However it seems to be preserving access attributes such that files created with my work user are undeletable at home and vice versa.

is it possible to construct the file system such that every file created on the filesystem will always be read/write/erasable by absolutly anyone ?

i know this is probably going to be somehthing quite easy so i figured id ask here first.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

having every file read write by everyone is not a good idea

create a new folder
    right click it and in security tab add a user called everyone and give full control

or

http://www.fs-driver.org - extfs support for windows :)

Advertisement