Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Christmas Dinner

• 15-12-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭

None of my family is that keen on turkey really, so we though this year we would keep the important peripherals (roast spuds, sprouts, stuffing) but have a different kind of roast instead. Any suggestions as to what would be tasty and a bit more exciting than your normal roast chicken? We thought about goose, but I've never really had it and think I'll end up having to get something the size of a turkey anyway! A boned and rolled goose? Duck?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Goose or duck would be the obvious ones. Or a good free-range chicken.
    We're going for duck (whatever you may read in other threads!). There are only two of us and the kids so a turkey or goose would be wasted on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

There's 5 of us, but so much other food on the day, with starters and snacks and all that jazz, that precious little of the turkey gets eaten. And of course there's the ham and spiced beef (is that a Cork thing?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

There would be plenty of meat on a good sized duck for five, considering everything else you'll be eating.

Advertisement