Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWF No mercy for the N64

• 15-12-2008 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I loved this game when it came out and still play it every now and then. Post away if you loved or hated the game or any stories/memories of playing it. Did anybody get the game that the corruption that deleted your saves?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Nearly all wrestling games on N64 were great! So much better than smackdown on playstation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

WWF Warzone was brilliant. Played it for months with friends on the n64, no other wrestling game has really interested me since..

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

I couldnt agree more. I like the smackdown series but no mercy had me addicted for months. I loved the career mode and the multiplayer was class aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I had the battery glitch, so it ruined everything. Still the best wrestling game ever, nothings come near it since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

WCW/NWO Revenge was fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I have only played the smackdown series(from smackdown 1 to smackdown vs raw 2009),I have never actually played No Mercy but i watched about 2 vids on youtube and anything i heard about it is good but judging from youtube the graphics and all that looked terrible so im just wondering why do people like this game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It was the gameplay. It was a port of the Japanese Virtua Wrestling series, and all versions came from that. Wrestlemania 2000, Revenge etc. The thing about these games were the controls, everything made sense. Unlike Smackdown where performing a move in the corner of the ring can spawn an animation starting at the centre of the ring, which still happens today.

No Mercy is still played today whereas even the last Smackdown is now on my shelf and lasted me about a week before boredom kicked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

No mercy is just awesome. It had all the greatest characters and was released at a time when wrestling was at its highest popularity.
    That game laid the foundation for all good wrestling games to come. Up until smackdown 2007 they kept the same gameplay mechanics just upgraded the graphics and when they changed it for 2008 it was a commercial failure. I think there going back to the no mercy gameplay for smackdown 2009, cant be sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Loved WCW/NWO Revenge, Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy. I don't know about the PS2 games, but the Cube wrestling games never came close to matching them. It wasn't just the controls - there's something about watching your wrestlers come into the ring and then being able to start the fight straight away without having to wait 5 minutes for the game to load that stops you losing interest :) They'd just perfected their running iron-man / hardcore type battles too, where you could throw people out of the arena and run around backstage kicking the **** out of eachother. The personalities were great of course, although the WWF2 arcade machine will always be the no 1. line up for me. Ah the good old days of beer, pizza and 40 man royal rumbles where the only way to eliminate your competitors was to knock them out....

BTW, was it No Mercy or Wrestlemania 2000 that let you create tournaments and even Belts that you stored on your memory card and could bring to a friends house for a title match (at which point if you lost the belt was then saved on their character, not yours so you had to beat them to get it back)? That was a stroke of genius in the days before internet connectivity. Do modern wrestling games have any sort of equivalent for setting up wrestling leagues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Agree this was a great game , got it out recently and laughed my ass off as me and some mates played a royal rumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

No mercy was the Best N64 Wrestling game, dominated that game :D

Ladder matches were class and the story was pretty tough at spots so it was more of a challenge then SmackDown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

I loved this game , got it out a while ago and me and a mate laughed our asses off playing it

Banjo wrote: »
    BTW, was it No Mercy or Wrestlemania 2000 that let you create tournaments and even Belts that you stored on your memory card and could bring to a friends house for a title match (at which point if you lost the belt was then saved on their character, not yours so you had to beat them to get it back)? That was a stroke of genius in the days before internet connectivity. Do modern wrestling games have any sort of equivalent for setting up wrestling leagues?

It was 2000. Man, I loved that so much. Triple threat matches with 2 mates for the world title, both of them trying to beat your uber self created character at the same time only to pull out a special right at the end to retain. Those battles were unbelievably epic.

No mercy is just awesome. It had all the greatest characters and was released at a time when wrestling was at its highest popularity.
    That game laid the foundation for all good wrestling games to come. Up until smackdown 2007 they kept the same gameplay mechanics just upgraded the graphics and when they changed it for 2008 it was a commercial failure. I think there going back to the no mercy gameplay for smackdown 2009, cant be sure though.

None of the Smackdown games were a patch on No Mercy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

Just for best game ever FACT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Eamo87 wrote: »
    I loved this game when it came out and still play it every now and then. Post away if you loved or hated the game or any stories/memories of playing it. Did anybody get the game that the corruption that deleted your saves?

I had the German version, so all my saves were fine.
    No blood though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    judging from youtube the graphics and all that looked terrible so im just wondering why do people like this game?

Don't judge a book by it's cover.
    The graphics for Smackdown 1 and 2 were utter toss by todays standards too.

Difference was, No Mercy had playability and several career paths, something the first two Smackdown games lacked, miserably. Of course, the more things change, the more they stay the same, the last few career modes of SVR have been bloody terrible, although 09 is somewhat of an improvement.

However, i've moved on from No Mercy, finish it once, finish it a hundred times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Feckin andre the giant :(

Advertisement