Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra warning light problem

Options
  • 15-12-2008 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi all,

I drive a '02 Opel Astra 1.4l petrol car. I have noticed a warning light appear after about an hour into a car journey. It's the yellow, electronics indicator, ie the one with the symbol of a car and a spanner. This light seems to consistently come on after about an hour of driving. When I stop the engine and restart, it seems to go away. Once the warning light comes on, the car's speed is restricted. Anybody any idea of what the cause could be? I was planning on leaving the car in for an annual service in January to an Opel garage.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe the service interval indicator meaning the car is due a scheduled service. But that should not cause the speed of the car to be restricted.

Maybe someone else might know more but I would have the car looked at my a mechanic to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Thats the light telling you to bring it to a dealer asap. Could be something as simple as a sensor malfunctioning, but driving with the light on could do a lot of damage to the engine

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hair's Pam

its more than likely your engine malfunction light, when it comes on, most cars go into limp mode or get you home mode hense the loss of power. switching off the ignition and restarting only resets the E.C.U, You need to get it to someone with diagnostic equipment to find out what the fault code is

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It's the engine management light.
    Bring it to someone with the diagnostic software ASAP.
    It could be some small sensor gone or something big, only way to know is to get it checked.
    I had the same light come on in an astra I had and if I was you I wouldn't be driving it around.

Advertisement