Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs release first new stadium design pics

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

nope essentially different ....

There will be an atmosphere at the new Spurs stadium :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Isn't that rounded design pretty much standard for stadia built these days (especially in urban areas)? IIRC, most of the 2006 World Cup stadia were like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Let's hope it progresses a bit faster than the Stanley Park Stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    nope essentially different ....

There will be an atmosphere at the new Spurs stadium :D

...when your rivals win the league for a THIRD time at your own ground :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

keano_afc wrote: »

Or last seasons Carling cup semi final :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

keano_afc wrote: »

Surely they'll finish it by 2050?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

All looks lovely, won't be built for fcuking years though. Credit crunch and all that.

Does push the asking price up for any prospective buyers though, which is the main thing...;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Well, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Looks like the emirates on the outside but judging by what the architects are saying I would imagine it will be far tighter inside and have a far better atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Would imagine that they will be fitting out a pretty big Megastore, theres DVDs to be sold ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Just another fancy stadium for Spurs to underachieve in.

Only yoking. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

looks nice but we wont see it soon anyway,i feel this is gonna last next 10 years to be finished or something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

and have a far better atmosphere.

so they claim.

Would imagine that they will be fitting out a pretty big Megastore, theres DVDs to be sold ya know.

Is the 0-0 out from the weekend?:p

OPENROAD wrote: »
    so they claim.

We're waiting to boo one of our own to see just how noisy we can get.

I see the Emirates has a singing section these days, it's called the away end.

Your lot must have rushed out a victory print from the weekend by now, no? £40 the usual asking price?

looks nice but we wont see it soon anyway,i feel this is gonna last next 10 years to be finished or something

Nailed on.

Credit rapidly vanishing, it will be years before the first sod is turned let alone the stadium is completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Nailed on.

Credit rapidly vanishing, it will be years before the first sod is turned let alone the stadium is completed.

I am glad for them than;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

deise59 wrote: »

Is it just me or do the images on that first link have 'naming rights' emblazoned across the front? Hopefully that hot potato is a little less controversial than Anfield II (or the 'stadium that never was' as it is referred to in my sons bedtime stories!!) I guess it is just a fact of footballing life nowadays.

As for the stadium, it is a little bland for my taste but to be expected in a tight city. Having a similar vibe as the Emirates might not be a bad thing though, that stadium looks awesome from pitch level (or so MOTD would make me believe)

• Advertisement

Brando_ie wrote: »
    Having a similar vibe as the Emirates might not be a bad thing though, that stadium looks awesome from pitch level (or so MOTD would make me believe)

It is.

Brando_ie wrote: »
    Is it just me or do the images on that first link have 'naming rights' emblazoned across the front? Hopefully that hot potato is a little less controversial than Anfield II (or the 'stadium that never was' as it is referred to in my sons bedtime stories!!) I guess it is just a fact of footballing life nowadays.

The club have confirmed they will be seeking a partner for the project who will get naming rights. Not ideal, but if it knocks a good few £m off the construction cost then so be it. It's all about the 10k executive seats anyway, it's not like any club can pretend to be sticking to their heritage these days. Sad fact of life.

Advertisement