Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gravedigging Query

Options
  • 15-12-2008 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Could someone please direct me to where "Gravedigging" , which I am led to believe is the practice of recyclng an old thread , is mentioned as an unacceptable practice ?

I'm having trouble finding it in the Faq's or charters , and in fact can't seem to find specific mention of it with a search of the site.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It may not be mentioned in the charters/faqs. It's generally/usually unacceptable as what tends to happen is that people will spend time to read over the thread and then find out that it is an old, irrelevant thread and will get annoyed for having their time wasted. It depends on the thread though, so it's not a hard and fast rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Wallacebiy

Thanks Gordon. Explains it perfectly for me.

I'm right to feel mildly offended for getting an infraction for it , but in no real position to make any complaints .

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Wallacebiy

Ahh well ,
    Got myself a ten day ban , For arguing about the infraction in PMs ( I can be quite cutting when threatened , and seeing as how the mod started it with his infraction on me I felt justified , )

Suppose in one way he's helping Boards , It's the most time I've spent in here in a year . I don't think I'll be posting on boards very often in future though . There is an awful tit for tat vibe , which appears in a lot of the Forums. Mods being preemptive in slapping out bans/infractions and users being increasingly retalitory and vexed about the whole thing .

Yera that's the internet for ya .

Advertisement