Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Assurance

Options
  • 15-12-2008 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I would like some advice in relation to Life Assurance -

I own my own house for approx 2 yrs now, took out life assurance at the time of purchase with bank to speed up process of application. I am now thinking of switching to another company that is cheaper - are there usually penalties for this or is it straightforward?
    Are there policies I can pay in to that provide a return and don't just cover the cast of dieing early and paying off the mortgage?
    What companies should I look in to for best policies and what should I be looking out for?

Comments

NEDDURC wrote: »
    I am now thinking of switching to another company that is cheaper - are there usually penalties for this or is it straightforward?

It should be pretty straightforward. Just don't cancel the existing policy until you are on cover with the cheaper company.
    Are there policies I can pay in to that provide a return and don't just cover the cast of dieing early and paying off the mortgage?

There are, but they are not good value for money. Keep your protection policies and your savings policies separate.
    What companies should I look in to for best policies and what should I be looking out for?

Just do a search for 'life insurance' and you will find a good number of discount brokers that offer rebates on the first years premium.

Advertisement