Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buy one get one free! Car dealer

Options
  • 15-12-2008 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

A Car dealer in Galway is giving a brand new 09 Aygo worth 12 grand free to anyone who buys one of his lexus motors ranging from 39 k to 65k.
    Now is this desperation selling or very clever marketing???!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Good deal there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Who is it?

Link Please......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Handy, and you can keep it in the boot of the Lexus for emergencies:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

If he has a car for say 40k and you get him down to say 37k does he still give the aygo or do you pay his windscreen price and get the aygo? or shud you stay schtum get the discount without mentioning the aygo and when deal is done do you say now where is my aygo bud??

Who is it?

Link Please......

just saw it on motoring section of sunday indo pg 33.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Why can't the dealer just knock 12k off the Lexus ?? The Lexus (Lexi?) would then be more affordable and competitive against the Audis, Beemers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Why not just knock €10k off the sticker price of his used stock. Cynical attempt to make his new car numbers in the new year.

Who is it?

Link Please......

Only lexus dealer in Galway according to Lexus.ie

Lexus Galway (Tom Hogan Lexus)

Ballybrit, Galway

Tel: (091) 747047

Fax: (091) 747048

http://www.tomhoganlexusgalway.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

More gimmicks. Bottom line just drop the price of the expensive car.

The dealer wouldnt have anything near a 12k margin in say, an IS220d. 3 or 4 k at most. If he does it this way, he also has the margin on the Aygo - maybe 1-2k? Possibly some extra disco on the Aygo from Toyota? This way, he might not make any money on the deal, possible even lose money, but he is shifting two cars which will go towards his new car volume bonus.

I cant see why they havent done anything like this for used cars either, maybe not give away a car with them, but some extra disco maybe?

• Advertisement

This offer according to the sunday indo is just on 17 pre owned lexus models, from 40k to 65k so pretty much everything he cant shift

So it IS on used cars then?

So it IS on used cars then?

yup , pre owned

Only lexus dealer in Galway according to Lexus.ie

Lexus Galway (Tom Hogan Lexus)

Ballybrit, Galway

Tel: (091) 747047

Fax: (091) 747048

http://www.tomhoganlexusgalway.ie

Correct. Tom hogans is the main dealer in Toyota and Lexus in Galway city. They also have BMW and mini now also!

It appears to an excellent deal but there must be a catch somewhere. They sold a brand new IS250 top spec(canceled order) for 32.5k at a recent auction list price 50k so with this deal(if its true) they must be desperate to sell cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

What are ye all giving out about. It's a free car. A new free car at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It appears to an excellent deal but there must be a catch somewhere.
    What are ye all giving out about. It's a free car. A new free car at that.
    Pardon my asking, but what the fvck is one supposed to do with this 'free' Aygo?

Anan1 wrote: »
    Pardon my asking, but what the fvck is one supposed to do with this 'free' Aygo?

Sell it:D

exactly and yer missus might give you an EXTRA special xmas present if you had her new aygo wrapped in a big red bow on christmas morn!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Maybe the idea is to get the profit from Aygo and just get rid of the Lexus without any profit.

That way no more issues with stock and dealer could start next year and make some money again:)

Your not seriously asking that are you?

• Advertisement

Your not seriously asking that are you?
    I am, actually. I've paid what it cost the garage for it, am I supposed to see if I can sell it for a small profit? Or what?

Some people are never happy. :rolleyes:

Are you one of these people who give out about motor dealers not doing anything for the consumer?

Look!! They are GIVING you a FREE car worth 12k. What else do you want - the salesman to drive you around in it all day everyday?:rolleyes:

I am, actually. I've paid what it cost the garage for it, am I supposed to see if I can sell it for a small profit? Or what?
    I haven't checked to see if the cars he is giving it away with are over priced but, you don't have to sell it for a profit.
    You can:
    Keep it and use it.
    Give it to your other half as a Christmas present
    Race it
    Play football with it
    Put hens in it
    Raffle it
    Give it to charity (A worthy one of course)
    Rent it out
    Keep it for 50 years and let it be one of those "no miles" classics.
    Give it to some one you know who starting driving.
    Use it to start up your own Driving lessons past time and make money out of it.
    If you've a company give it to someone as a company car.
    Also if you have a company, paint it pink and stick your logo all over it.
    Use it as a second car to bring the dogs around etc.
    Use it as a second car for anything that you don't want to do in your Lexus. (Like going into town and parking it, suffering dent and bangs etc. etc.)
    If you have kids that will be driving in the next few years, leave it sit there are wait for them.
    You could sell it, why not, make a few bob.
    Sell it for scrap metal
    Put it in the boot of the Lexus
    Make a couch out of the seats
    Break it and sell it for parts
    Grow flowers in it
    Get a small trailer and stick it on the back of the camper
    Use it for autotests or any automotive sport that it could be used in.

Ah i could go on, but you know yourself.

I haven't checked to see if the cars he is giving it away with are over priced but, you don't have to sell it for a profit.
    You can:
    Keep it and use it.

Ah i could go on, but you know yourself.
    Some people are never happy. :rolleyes:

Are you one of these people who give out about motor dealers not doing anything for the consumer?

Look!! They are GIVING you a FREE car worth 12k. What else do you want - the salesman to drive you around in it all day everyday?:rolleyes:

Jesus, lads, it's NOT FREE. The Aygo costs the garage money, and that money comes from the buyer of the Lexus. If you want an Aygo at cost, it's a good offer - if you don't it's not. No offence, but this is not rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

You can:
    Keep it and use it.
    Give it to your other half as a Christmas present
    Race it
    Play football with it
    Put hens in it
    Raffle it
    Give it to charity (A worthy one of course)
    Rent it out
    Keep it for 50 years and let it be one of those "no miles" classics.
    Give it to some one you know who starting driving.
    Use it to start up your own Driving lessons past time and make money out of it.
    If you've a company give it to someone as a company car.
    Also if you have a company, paint it pink and stick your logo all over it.
    Use it as a second car to bring the dogs around etc.
    Use it as a second car for anything that you don't want to do in your Lexus. (Like going into town and parking it, suffering dent and bangs etc. etc.)
    If you have kids that will be driving in the next few years, leave it sit there are wait for them.
    You could sell it, why not, make a few bob.
    Sell it for scrap metal
    Put it in the boot of the Lexus
    Make a couch out of the seats
    Break it and sell it for parts
    Grow flowers in it
    Get a small trailer and stick it on the back of the camper

Ah i could go on...

Tax it,
    Insure it,
    Put petrol in it.

I would much rather a proper discount off the Lexus (maybe not the full 12k but it would still be plenty)

I mean if we need a second car why dont we all buy carina's or something to grow flowers in or whatever you would use the second car for?! (no offence volvoboy)

Tax it,
    Insure it,
    Put petrol in it.

I would much rather a proper discount off the Lexus (maybe not the full 12k but it would still be plenty)

I mean if we need a second car why dont we all buy carina's or something to grow flowers in or whatever you would use the second car for?! (no offence volvoboy)

Tax it? €100
    Insure it? €200
    Petrol? €30 a tank lol

Getting an Aygo for free with your second hand Lexus, priceless.

For everything else, there's Masterca...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

:eek:

:D

Advertisement