Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Geography

Options
  • 15-12-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how many people would recommend studying for the Leaving. In class we've covered:

Scania
    Central Belgium
    Mezzogiorno
    India
    West of Ireland
    East of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

We've done:
    Ireland (east & west)
    Mezzogiorno
    Paris Basin
    South West United States

Annnd, I can't htink of anymore. I think that's it! Considering, I think we're finished regional geography, we're not doing very many! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Hmmm...

You need:
    2 regions in Ireland, Peripheral & Core (West vs. Dublin)
    2 regions in Europe outside Ireland, Peripheral & Core again (Mezzogiorno vs. Paris Basin or what have you)
    A subcontinental region (India or SW USA or w/e)

A region of industrial decline can come up too, so the Sambre Meuse or whatever.

I'm pretty sure you're covered with that much anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

bythewoods wrote: »
    Hmmm...

You need:
    2 regions in Ireland, Peripheral & Core (West vs. Dublin)
    2 regions in Europe outside Ireland, Peripheral & Core again (Mezzogiorno vs. Paris Basin or what have you)
    A subcontinental region (India or SW USA or w/e)

A region of industrial decline can come up too, so the Sambre Meuse or whatever.

I'm pretty sure you're covered with that much anyway...

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought but well my mate told me otherwise.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

we've done in class:
    BMW (gaeltacht)
    S&E
    Dublin
    Mezzogiorno
    India
    Sambre Meuse
    Paris Basin

But looking through the exam papers for regional questions, in my opinion all you really need are the S&E, Dublin, Mezzogiorno and India. The rest come up now and then but i think you can get by with just these

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

They do not specifically state on the exam paper a core/ peripheral irish/european region.

They just say: Irish Region, European Region

This allows you to pick what ever region you want to do.

We have covered:

GDR
    West of Ireland
    The Paris Basin
    The mezzogiorno
    Egypt ( an extremely easier sub continental region than India, America, Brazil )

• Advertisement
Advertisement