Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get ready to loose the plot

Options
  • 15-12-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

im repeating so i know whats ahead....

just thought i should warn you all christmas is a turning point

sure youll get loads of presents

and i bet your thinking 6 months to go - IM grannnnnnnd

but it seems like after christmas you enter some kind of weird time zone where everything goes at light speed

i dont really remember much of last year it was more like a blur of WOO HAPPY NEW YEAR, oh no mocks, OH NOOOOOOOO ORALS, AHHHHHHh :eek::eek::eek::eek: LEAVING CERT

during this time you will watch your friends take one of two roots

1- becoming quiet, study at luch time, seem to loose their personality and become a nail biting twitchy wreck of a human being

2 - the opposit rout, they will start skipping classes in an effort to avoid the exams that are hurteling towards them, when you ask them "hows the studying going?" they will avert their eyes say "oh grand yeah....you going out tonight?"

Do the other reapeaters agree?

MERRY CHRISTMAS :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

What an encouraging thread. : p

My year managed to remain pretty sane for the ordeal... around the orals the teachers commented on how weirdly calm we all were. The most worrying thing for everyone was picking college courses, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

but it seems like after christmas you enter some kind of weird time zone where everything goes at light speed

What! Time passing super quick AFTER Xmas! I honestly dont know how time has passed so quickly since september, Jan to June will not be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Learn how to spell the word "lose" for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

dont make me panicy!
    it wont end well for you
    and its mean!
    /glares

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Ive guessed this much, mocks 4 weeks after christmas! :eek:
    The orals soonish and leaving cert itself!

itll be grand though, easier once i decide on my fricken cao:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Seriously? God I never found that... But then again, I wasn't stressed about doing the Leaving at all. April and May before the exams were the longest months ever, they just seemed to drag on and on.

I really enjoyed doing the leaving. I'm clearly weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

I found the after xmas period to be the easiest.

The homework reduces greatly and that's what made the september-december period so hard(no time for anything other than homework....damn english essays:mad:)

The hard part is motivating yourself.....but...just remember everyones in the same boat....and give it a lash! no regrets and all that!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

well if that isnt some good old classic positive encouragement i dont know what is

last 3 months have just flown though and i have been thinking its still 6 months away so im grand... maybe your right :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I found the after xmas period to be the easiest.

The homework reduces greatly and that's what made the september-december period so hard(no time for anything other than homework....damn english essays:mad:)

The hard part is motivating yourself.....but...just remember everyones in the same boat....and give it a lash! no regrets and all that!:p
    This relieves me greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

Your a fool, I'm sorry, I'm sorry but you are repeating because you yourself, lost the plot. I did my leaving cert last year and if you study you will do ok. dont go loose the plot, sure you will beconr streesed(:eek:), if you didn u wouldn br normal but don get too worked up...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I'm repeating too, unfortunately I'm not condescending enough to tell you all how you're going to feel from here on in.
    Personally, I hate 6th year- you'll be grand. All I'm saying is...just don't take advice from people who can't differentiate betwwen "loose" and "lose". Ever.

bythewoods wrote: »
    All I'm saying is...just don't take advice from people who can't differentiate betwwen "loose" and "lose". Ever.
    Yeah... the title of this thread is painful, but it would be very wrong to use mod powers to correct people's spelling and grammar. We all shall suffer on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I'm sure it'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Threads like these are depressing! Don't why I read them. We should make threads containing phrases like "The leaving won't be so bad, if I study and work really hard"

Anyways I don't expect to do too good in the mocks but, I'm trying my best.

The Leaving itself is actually fun enough. By then you don't really care any more, so everyone just wants to enjoy the sunshine... I left my Irish paper 1 early and sat out the back with everyone else in the sun, getting sunstroke and eating icecream before our listening paper. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Ah stop yer worrying. I remember my sister giving me a pep talk saying "There's seven weeks to go, if you start studying now you'll be grand!"

I left it another little while. I'm doing alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Kryx

The LC isn't that bad. I remember doing mine and spent about 10% looking out the window and thinking this is boring.
    Not to distract you; keep studying and cramming does work.

I have my finals in 2 weeks which is so much harder than the LC! You guys got it easy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

well i'm also a repeat, all i remember from last year is a miserable blurr,not that i was a study-aholic or anyhting but because i wasn't i knew even at christmas i wasn't going to get my points.:(

Last week my nightmares started again, i keep dreaming i'm late for school or that i've missed an exam:o

My advice- NEVER panic! no matter now bad it gets panic never helps any situation.

i pity all 6th years, i've resigned to a life of reclusion and study to get my course but imo 6th year its important to keep the social circle going, thats gonna be hard next year too!:cool:

then again we should all stop moaning, get on with life and enjoy the christmas spirit while i can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

dont make me panicy!
    it wont end well for you
    and its mean!
    /glares
    it really is mean!
    i kinda deserve it though cos last year i was forever reminding my 6th year mates of their impending DOOM!,

better days:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

Also repeating, could not agree more with this person's terribly spelt statement, time absolutely flies :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

*ambles into thread...begins reading....RUNS OUT SCREAMING!*

Don't freak me out, please!
    I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....i'm the little LC student that could!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

I was never one for getting up in the mornings. And during the leaving cert i think i missed more school than any other year. I had my own car so I would come and go as i pleased in school.

The breakfast rolls were always better down town than they were in school, and driving down to the lake on sunny days was also good fun. The way i looked at it, leaving cert or not, it was my last year in school and i wasn't going to let the leaving cert stop me from enjoying this moments.

It is these moments you will look back on later in life. But having said that, theres no excuse for not doing any work if you have some plans with your life. I ended up doing fine, getting my first college choice and what not. But its still important to do some bit of work

Advertisement