Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHAMANISM

Options
  • 15-12-2008 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

A shaman is a person who walks both worlds (spirit & earth worlds)
    I am a shaman and we do all sorts or healing work Soul Retrieval,Extraction work and also entity removel also space clearing.
    hope this helps
    Love & Light:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

So do witches and other spiritual practioners what makes you different and a shaman ?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭maxextz

A shaman is one who goes into an altered state of consciousness at will. While in this altered state, he or she makes a conscious choice to journey to another reality, a reality which is outside of time and space. This other reality is composed of three layers: the lower world, the middle world and the upper world and is inhabited by helping spirits. The shaman is able to establish relationships with these spirits and to bring back information and healing for the community or the individual.

Most importantly, shamanic work makes a practical difference in this world we live in. The work brings about a change. The journeys are undertaken with a specific purpose in mind.

A basic principle of shamanism is the belief that everything has a spirit and is alive. The tree has a spirit, the rock has a spirit, my drum has a spirit, and yes, even this computer has a spirit. If everything has a spirit and is alive, we humans then find ourselves in a position of equality rather than dominance. If you follow this logic, you begin to realize that shamanism is a radical act. Shamans don’t follow the laws of man; they follow the laws of spirits. They don’t dominate the earth and its creatures; they strive to live in harmony and balance.
    The shaman can employ trance inducing techniques to incite visionary ecstasy.
    The shaman's spirit can leave the body to enter the supernatural world to search for answers.
    The shaman evokes animal images as spirit guides, omens, and message-bearers.
    I have been a Shaman many many times in other lifetimes and when i was healing people it just came naturally but i had to develope it because i didnt understand it in the beginning in this lifetime.
    Love & Light:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you are going to copy and paste tracts and passages please cite your references.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_shamanism
    A shaman is one who goes into an altered state of consciousness at will. While in this altered state, he or she makes a conscious choice to journey to another reality, a reality which is outside of time and space. This other reality is composed of three layers: the lower world, the middle world and the upper world and is inhabited by helping spirits. The shaman is able to establish relationships with these spirits and to bring back information and healing for the community or the individual.

Advertisement