Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Petrol/Diesel Mail Coach Road

Options
  • 15-12-2008 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Petrol on sale at 94.9c per litre at the filling station on Mail Coach Road. I think diesel is the same. Is the lowest Ive seen around.

Still up at 100.9 in Castlebaldwin last I saw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

yeah recession is great!!! When we moved over here it was around the 96 cents. so this is the lowest I have seen it in 3,5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I was at that petrol station about 20 mins ago and some poor manfilled up his car with €45 of Unleaded instead of Diesel...poor bloke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I was at that petrol station about 20 mins ago and some poor manfilled up his car with €45 of Unleaded instead of Diesel...poor bloke!
    Am I right in thinking that's not as serious as putting diesel into a petrol car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Shamrok wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that's not as serious as putting diesel into a petrol car?

Yes as far as I know a diesel car should burn off the petrol but its still embarressing for him and surely it wont drive perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Same price down at Sligo Fuels!
    (Waits to get head bitten off again!)

Seriously though it's great isn't it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

Shamrok wrote: »

depends on what type of injector pump is installed in the vehicle,newer type is common rail system which uses the diesel as the lubricant for the pump...no lube bad! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

bobcar61 wrote: »

turned out not so cheap for him then!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

dardevle wrote: »
    depends on what type of injector pump is installed in the vehicle,newer type is common rail system which uses the diesel as the lubricant for the pump...no lube bad! :(
    It can also cause pre-combustion leading to bent con-rods

Advertisement