Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury's new Roses Assortment?

Options
  • 15-12-2008 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

It was on the Ray Darcy show, they stated, "The changes were implemented to ensure that we were keeping the mix in line with our consumers' tastes by removing least preferred units and including more of their favourite units."

In case people haven't realised anything has changed the truffle, praline and I think bournvile(can't remember if it was in last year) are gone. They also changed around the wrappers and they are now in a smaller box, at the same price.

Are you happy with the changes?

happy or not with the changes to chocolates 42 votes

I'm happy with the chocolate choice
    0%
    I'm not happy with the chocolate choice
    11%
    rubadubSnake PliskenKnifeWRENCHlord lucanopelmanta 5 votes
    I don't mind/care
    88%
    eclectichoneyRonan|RavenwintearixoyPhantastic Foxdrive3331gernonkernoNightwishwhiskeymanc - 13dogg_r_69emeraldstareuropersonArcheronr3nu4lSolitairealias123numacdleninbenjamin 37 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

I don't mind/care
    No! praline were my favourite :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I don't mind/care
    I am so NOT happy with the changes. They took out the very nicest ones, including my favourite Truffle Chunk. In the blue wrapper. Praline Moment was also a favourite :( So feckin annoyed. I know that I will definitely not enjoy my Roses as much this Christmas and think I may see my affections transferred to Celebrations/Miniature Heroes.

(Also, Bournville has been gone for years ...unfortunately coz I love dark chocolate)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I don't mind/care
    Orla K wrote:
    they stated, "The changes were implemented to ensure that we were keeping the mix in line with our consumers' tastes by removing least preferred units and including more of their favourite units."

It should have read "The changes were implemented to ensure that we make a bigger profit by using more of the cheaper types per unit weight" :mad: They took out most of my favourites this year and I'm praying Quality Street are a better bet (not "better this year" just "not as big a quantum leap crappier this year as the roses") this year cuz I already picked up a tin :p

Seriously, all the recipes are now based on one type of chocolate, a couple of fills and various alternate caramel mixes (toffee, fudge etc.). Which means less varied processes and lower manufacture costs. Oh, and greatly reduced consumer enjoyment, but for some reason all corporations are too myopic to even realise that if they keep on shafting the customer they will go elsewhere for their Chrimbo sweet fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

I don't mind/care
    No more truffle?!?! :eek: For shame! :mad:

I don't mind/care
    No more truffle?!?! :eek: For shame! :mad:
    Yeah, it's the saddest thing. Seriously awful. I hate Cadbury's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,392 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Boo-urns. Personally, I think they should have taken out the one with the nut in it. This is gonna be nasty when I open a tin sometime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seemed to be more purples, so I was happy enough. I would happily eat any in them now, I would not before, so I no longer look like a fussy bastard in work rooting through the tin. But I do miss that truffle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Phantastic Fox

I don't mind/care
    I was gutted to find the truffle and praline gone, what's the point of even having roses now, just a load of meh-tasting caramel. Oh well, at least the purples are still in.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Zigmund

They're now only 1kg, instead of 1.5.
    WHAT THE ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

they are basically keeping in tune with rip off ireland and giving us less chocolates in a smaller tin for a more expensive price.

right folks....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I don't mind/care
    Zigmund wrote: »
    They're now only 1kg, instead of 1.5.
    WHAT THE ****.
    they are basically keeping in tune with rip off ireland and giving us less chocolates in a smaller tin for a more expensive price.

right folks....

They blamed that one on the rising cost of basic ingredents, and instead of putting up the price, they gave us less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I don't mind/care
    In case anyone wants to read what they emailed me.
    Thank you for contacting us concerning Cadbury's new Roses Assortment.

The new Roses Assortment incorporates a number of changes which aim to improve quality and appeal. Any change to our products is carefully researched to ensure that it appeals to as many people as possible. The decision to make changes is always taken carefully, being based on the results of extensive market research. Although reaction to the current Roses Selection is very positive, we appreciate that a product which is popular with some may not be so with others.

The changes were implemented to ensure that we were keeping the mix in line with our consumers' tastes by removing least preferred units and including more of their favourite units. In addition we have changed the wrappers on Caramel Velvet, Caramel and Golden Barrel to ensure we maintain the "visual spectacle" of the tin in line with our consumers feedback.

We constantly measure consumer reaction and this is one area in particular which we are monitoring very closely. We have noted your comments and they have been passed to the Marketing Manager concerned. We try very hard to ensure that the changes we make are received favourably and we are naturally concerned and sorry that you were unable to enjoy the new Assortment as we intended. Roses chocolates have changed in style and content almost every year since they were launched and the reaction has usually been very positive.

I would like to apologise if the changes have spoiled your enjoyment of Cadbury's Roses. I do hope that this email has helped to explain the reasons for the changes.
    Cadbury Consumer Relations Department

I don't mind/care
    Thank you for contacting us concerning Cadbury's new Roses Assortment.

The new Roses Assortment incorporates a number of changes which aim to improve quality and appeal. Any change to our products is carefully researched to ensure that it appeals to as many people as possible. The decision to make changes is always taken carefully, being based on the results of extensive market research. Although reaction to the current Roses Selection is very positive, we appreciate that a product which is popular with some may not be so with others.

The changes were implemented to ensure that we were keeping the mix in line with our consumers' tastes by removing least preferred units and including more of their favourite units. In addition we have changed the wrappers on Caramel Velvet, Caramel and Golden Barrel to ensure we maintain the "visual spectacle" of the tin in line with our consumers feedback.

We constantly measure consumer reaction and this is one area in particular which we are monitoring very closely. We have noted your comments and they have been passed to the Marketing Manager concerned. We try very hard to ensure that the changes we make are received favourably and we are naturally concerned and sorry that you were unable to enjoy the new Assortment as we intended. Roses chocolates have changed in style and content almost every year since they were launched and the reaction has usually been very positive.

I would like to apologise if the changes have spoiled your enjoyment of Cadbury's Roses. I do hope that this email has helped to explain the reasons for the changes.
    Cadbury Consumer Relations Department

They obviously need to read this thread :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I brought a box of Roses into work last week and there was only one caramel barrel in it!

Now, I was never a huge fan of the caramel barrel, but since they keep taking out the nice ones my options are limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,420 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I think Roses have got cheaper in fact..many outlets were sellin a tin (not sure of weight though) for just 6.99. If you ask me the quality has droppped in line with the price unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Yeah, there's no doubnt that chocolates (and biscuits) are cheaper now than they have been in a long time, or even ever.

Would anyone here be willing to pay more for the inclusion of the pralines/truffles?

I'd personally have to say no, but then I hate praline (yuck yuck yuck!) and while the truffle was lovely, there are better truffles out there than Cadbury's.

All the same, Boo Cadbury's - 2008's Scrooge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wiff

I don't mind/care
    I wish I'd realised the changes they'd made to the selection of Roses before buying the big tin for the traditional Christmas splurge - never again. What a con! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

I don't mind/care
    This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

As long as the Golden Barrel, Caramel Velvet and Strawberry remain I am happy.

I would eat the Truffle but I don't miss it too much. Not a huge fan of praline so I don't miss that one.

At least Cadbury didn't feck up Roses as badly as they fecked up Miniature Heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

As long as the Golden Barrel, Caramel Velvet and Strawberry remain I am happy.

I would eat the Truffle but I don't miss it too much. Not a huge fan of praline so I don't miss that one.

At least Cadbury didn't feck up Roses as badly as they fecked up Miniature Heroes.

What did they do to the Heroes? :(

They better not take away the strawberry ones form the Roses! They're really the only reason I would even think about choosing Roses over others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭Archeron

I don't mind/care
    I never ever thought I would say this, but I have moved to the dark side (Quality Street). Even besides the smaller tin, and less choice, the sweets just seem cheaper somehow. The strawberry ones are not the same as they used to be at all.

Thank you very much for ruining your chocolates, thank you very much, very very very much.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

What did they do to the Heroes? :(

Got rid of Chrunchies and Dreams and replaced them with *shudder* Eclairs and *double shudder* Bourneville.

I told my family not to buy them this year I was so annoyed. :mad:

On a separate note, it's now 4 days after Christmas and all the nice Roses are gone. We're left with Fudge, Chewy Caramel and Chocolate Bite (which I'll probably eat out of desparation) and those Brazil nut ones (which will most likely be thrown away)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Juran

I don't mind/care
    we got the big tin .. full of strawberry & orange creams ... yuk, yuk, yuk ...
    One 2 purple nut & carmel ... very disappointing. Think we'll have to change to Quality Street for xmas '09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Found this thread while googling new roses selections.

Bought a tin of roses for this xmas. My chocoholic wife opened them last week.

I remember the quality had dipped last year but the current selection appears to have hit a new low, full of sickly soft centres only. Has there been a further quality downscale? Someone told me that the cheaper tins currently being sold around the country are imported and not the normal Irish market tin.

Anyone any recent experience? Oh and beware if you're thinking of buying this year.

Advertisement