Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ford diagnostic plug

Options
  • 15-12-2008 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

anyone know where the diagnostic plug is on a ford transit connect is (06)?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Pull down the cover on the bottom of the dash at the drviers side.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

how many cables on the loom and is there any voltage present
    just checking cos its in for an abs problem but they couldnt put it on the diagnostic machine cos they say someone chopped the plug off and i`m hoping it wasnt me when i installed the phone kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

dolittle wrote: »
    anyone know where the diagnostic plug is on a ford transit connect is (06)?
    thanks in advance

Hi ,

wow thanks for that, pretty sure i didnt snip that off, hope not they are looking for 1050 euro if they are to repair it

wow thanks for that, pretty sure i didnt snip that off, hope not they are looking for 1050 euro if they are to repair it

Get a second opinion. Most garages have OBD-II readers( I presume the transit is OBD-II compliant). I actually bought one my self for 50 euro of ebay a few years ago when I was driving a ford worked perfectly.

• Advertisement

have to ask cos i havent a clue, what is an ODB-II reader

have to ask cos i havent a clue, what is an ODB-II reader

Its the tool which they plug into the diagnostic port IF the diagnostic port is OBD-II compliant. The one I have and others I have seen look like a big chunky calculator with the cable out of it and a connection on the end to fit the diagnostic port. Any faults are then shown on the screen of the fault reader.

Advertisement