Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gearbox trouble(I think)

Options
  • 15-12-2008 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I disassembled my aeg today while I was doing this I decided to fire the gun while the gearbox wasn't connected to anything( i.e the barrel). it fired on semi fine but when I fired full auto something weird happened. the first few shots seemed fine with the nozzle flying froward and back. When I let go of the trigger, the nozzle stays extended, and sticks out more than while firing.

Whats wrong with it? and more importantly, how do I fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Is the nozzle still moving back and forward now or is it permanently forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

No its not permanently forward, it just stays forward when I disengage the trigger on full auto but if I fire again it goes back to its normal position.

The problem is that it protrudes a lot when it locks forward, more so than when in the sequence of firing full autp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

The position that the nozzle stops at is dictated by the gears (via the tappet plate)

In single shot, the gears stop when the cut-off lever is engaged.
    In full auto, they stop when you let go of the trigger.

This means that the nozzle will stop at a different position depending on where in the cycle you release the trigger.

As long as the nozzle is still moving back and forth, dont worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Thanks, thats one less problem to worry about:rolleyes:

Advertisement