Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Format

Options
  • 15-12-2008 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Anywhere that can tell me the format of the exam I have tomorrow morning? It's 1st year Economics and Society if anyone's in the class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

There's usually a course outline on blackboard that will tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Lol great time finding out the night before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I've tried, having problems getting on there for some reason, I'll try again.
    Jev/N wrote: »
    Lol great time finding out the night before :D

I missed the 1st exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Essay questions. 5 of them I believe.

• Advertisement

Essay questions. 5 of them I believe.

By the looks of it, just the wo/man I need! Do you have experience in such an exam? How long of an answer are we looking at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Rather than simply length of answer, how much wisdom can you put down in a page. Facts, figures, relate to the readings they prescribed to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

SRFC90 wrote: »
    By the looks of it, just the wo/man I need! Do you have experience in such an exam? How long of an answer are we looking at?

Good god man. You're suppose to find out this information well in advance of the exam. Surely the lecturer went through this in the closing lectures. If not you can always email him/her and ask.

Good luck with it though.

Shazbot wrote: »
    Good god man. You're suppose to find out this information well in advance of the exam. Surely the lecturer went through this in the closing lectures. If not you can always email him/her and ask.

Good luck with it though.

Been a bit hectic the last while to say the least. Eventually got onto SIS and checking out past exam papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Been a bit hectic the last while to say the least. Eventually got onto SIS and checking out past exam papers.

SIS has been extremely reliable this year actually. The only time I haven't been able to access it is between 2-6am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Probably shouldn't mention this, but I logged the results of Economics and Society onto the system last year. The failure rate is unreal, but to be honest that's down to the amount of sheer arseholery (for want of a better word) that goes by some of the ones sitting the paper. A green tax? A tax on greenhouses, apparently.

A good structure - with handful of good points in each answer, will see you through....

Probably shouldn't mention this, but I logged the results of Economics and Society onto the system last year. The failure rate is unreal, but to be honest that's down to the amount of sheer arseholery (for want of a better word) that goes by some of the ones sitting the paper. A green tax? A tax on greenhouses, apparently.

A good structure - with handful of good points in each answer, will see you through....

Cheers. I heard of the failure rate being one of the highest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Cheers. I heard of the failure rate being one of the highest.

Yeh i did it in 06. Lectures were on at 5pm so attendance was awful. I got 38% in the mid term, out of about 200 students, i got the 20th highest grade with 38%. They had to call an emergency meeting with it and moore mcdowell was showing us these stats of how much of the lecture material was accessed on blackboard with only 3% of people downloading lectures until about 3 days before the mid term :)I think he remarked we were his worst bunch of students in his 25 year academic career.

But i found the actual exam easier, if Colm McCarthy is still involved his environmental economics section is quite topical and easy to write. Best of luck, you will need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

. A green tax? A tax on greenhouses, apparently.

Yeh or another they told us was :

Q. What is the total GDP of Ireland?

Idiots Answer: 14%

It is a difficult course, especially not people not attending lectures

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I absolutely hated this module last year...and thats probably an understatement. Day of exam I was extremely sick. but managed to scrape by somehow, possibly because I read about economic on-goings in the world at the time, so made it easier, and allowed me to waffle a small bit more than I should've been able to.

Advertisement