Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kevin Foley

• 15-12-2008 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Nice timed replacement for Steve Finnan at right back after this campaign. Regarded as Wolves POTY so far. He set up 1 and scored the other against Barnsley on Saturday.

McCarthy:
    “If you’re ever going to get a 10 out of 10 that was it”

more...

Fans:
    Foley - 9 - The guy is class at everything he does. Solid in the air stopped everything down the right and is so calm under pressure, My Man of the Season nevermind MOTM. The crowd gave him a tremendous roar when he scored

---

Foley - 10 - MotM. I've never given a 10 before but I don't know how he could better that performance. Absolutely oozes class. His first touch is outstanding and he thinks like a top class player with more years experience than he could possibly have at his age.

---

Foley - absolutely outstanding performance. I didn't see him make a single mistake, swept everything up at the back, and even looked more dangerous than Knightly going forward. Came close to scoring in the first half, but deservedly got his goal at the end. One of the most complete performances I have ever seen from a Wolves player - MOTM - 10

---

Foley - 9 - MOM - outstanding

---

Foley MOTM by a considerable distance - forget Kightly, SEB and Hennessey. We have got something very special on our hands in this guy.

---

The best right back performance at the Mol by one of ours for a long, long time superb game from Foley

---

Kevin Foley is without doubt the best right back i have ever seen at Molineux. What a player. We had better go up because the guy oozes class.

---

Potentially the best right back in England for me.

---

Already better than Luke Young without a shadow of a doubt.

---

I've never known a situation where a player got applause from all four sides of the ground for his first touch! Foley was class and how he hasn't got an Ireland cap yet (I think) is a mystery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

He slipped under the radar! 24 and I haven't even heard of him.. Ought to start watching the championship i suppose.

The futures bright, the futures orange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

He was a regular for the U21s. Was called up by Stan for a few of the squads. Named in Traps first squad. Played 90 minutes in the B match and then was called into the squad vs Cyprus. Surprised he slipped under the radar. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Samurai wrote: »
    Ought to start watching the championship i suppose.

If you want to watch Ireland players you really should.

Des wrote: »
    If you want to watch Ireland players you really should.
    There's loads of them alright. Reading - Coventry on Sky a couple of weeks ago had 9 Irish players. Norwich - Ipswich was on telly last week, 7 Irish players started.

Wolves Player of the Year Kevin Foley has admitted he was "gobsmacked" to pick up the fans' accolade at last night's End of Season awards dinner.

Foles topped the Season Ticket Holders' vote polling 51 per cent of the poll ahead of Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Jody Craddock.
    More...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Fair play to him - it's great to see a bit of talent coming through.

Hopefully he'll kick on in the big league next year...

Advertisement