Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missing cork soooooooooo much

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

At the moment I am faced with the prospect of heading home to Cork, which is not good news for me. Been in Dublin for about 2 years, and I have to admit, I love it here. Cork is nice, but I certainly don't miss it. I even find the place to be like a ghost town at weekends. Feels alot more depressing down there than it does here in Dublin (doesn't depress me at all in Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LittleT

I have to agree with the OP. Although I was not from Cork, I went to UCC to study and the place totally got under my skin. I've gone back there for work at different periods but I agree with other posters who say it is difficult to get employment there. It's definitely a location in demand!

One issue I would have with the place...when I was seeking employment in my field, I was told by a number of "native Corkonians" to stay out of Cork and leave the jobs for the Cork people. Not cool guys as great as the place is you're always gonna need the outsiders to boost your economy!

Advertisement