Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiere pro CS3 Problem

• 15-12-2008 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can someone help?

When I import an MPEG2 file, Extension .mpg in to Premiere pro it does not recognize any audio in the video file.

Any ideas how resolve this?

The file plays fine in vlc and media player. When I import avi files they are fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

at a guess could be the audio is encoded as ac3.

run the file throught mpeg streamclip - convert it to either a dv or avi file and import that or just export the audio as a wav a and import that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Thanks lads, I'll check it out.

I eventually got this sorted. It was a strange one. I had copy a driver from adobe encore into the root directory for Premiere pro. Then all was fine.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Very strange, glad you got it sorted though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Not really that strange. But the file you copied was it ad2ac3dec.dll by any chance? If so it goes back to what i said - the audio was ac3 encoded and hence premier wasn't able to decode it.

yes decob you where right, thanks for your help.

Advertisement