Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3g Modem Prob

Options
  • 15-12-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    My GF sister has a problem with her Vodafone 3g Modem
    Now when she plugs it in it gives her a message saying "Interface not Recognised"
    I have no experience with these things, other than to know to avoid them, thanks to what I've read on boards.
    Anybody any ideas?
    I've already asked her to do the obvious....turn off, turn on again etc...

Cheers

HB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Hi All
    My GF sister has a problem with her Vodafone 3g Modem
    Now when she plugs it in it gives her a message saying "Interface not Recognised"
    I have no experience with these things, other than to know to avoid them, thanks to what I've read on boards.
    Anybody any ideas?
    I've already asked her to do the obvious....turn off, turn on again etc...

Cheers

HB

got one myself - Im assuming shes either on XP or vista.
    Need more info tbh with ya. Was it working before this? How long has she had it etc.

Uninstall the software from the control panel - add / remove programs.

Remove the sim from the side of the device, make sure its tight in properly and put it back in.

Reboot the machine. Once it boots plug it back into the USB slot and reinstall the software.

A icon should appear on the desktop. Reboot again.

Plug back into the USB slot and the software should load automatically.

Click connect and you should be connected.. just checked mine and its working fine so its not a prob with the vodafone network.

Reply back if you need help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hey nuxxx
    That did the trick
    Cheers
    Am sending lotto winning good vibes your way :)

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

no hassle ;)

Advertisement