Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N8 - 120 km/h Glanmire/Watergrasshill

• 15-12-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭

Glanmire not Glamnire....

Can anyone confirm that this speed limit has been changed between exits 18 and 17.

I was driving up last night and am 99% sure that the spreed limit has changed from 100km/h to 120km/h.

I know from the M8 wikipedia page

"If the redesignations (which are subject to ministerial approval) go ahead, both the Watergrasshill bypass (which already has a special 120 km/h speed limit) and the Glanmire to Dunkettle stretch will be redesignated as motorway - although a 100 km/h speed limit will have to be kept between junctions 18 and 19.[8]"

Has this gone ahead? :confused:

Sorry if this is wrong information. But as I say I was sure I seen the 120km/h sign.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

The limit has been raised like you said, but it's not a motorway yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Thats good to know, I was looking at the and it still had the broken yellow lines, so I thought it was wrong.

When was this changed? I dont remember seeing this last sunday driving up.

When is it due to change to a motorway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

It was changed about two weeks ago. As to when the changeover takes place, I'd say some time between late February and June. Anyone's guess really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Thanks Furet.

I only travel that stretch on sunday nights and hadnt noticed the new limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

I can give you a second confirmation of that fact. The speed limit increase co-incides with similar speed limit increases across various Cork roads (such as the Ballincollig Bypass).

I'm really glad they did it. Having to slow down to 100 km/h on a stretch that has always been capable of more was annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

BluntGuy wrote: »
    I can give you a second confirmation of that fact. The speed limit increase co-incides with similar speed limit increases across various Cork roads (such as the Ballincollig Bypass).

I'm really glad they did it. Having to slow down to 100 km/h on a stretch that has always been capable of more was annoying.

yeah its fairly good.

Driving on it today. A lot of drivers were slowing down just after junction 17 thinking that the old speed limit was still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

yeah its fairly good.

Driving on it today. A lot of drivers were slowing down just after junction 17 thinking that the old speed limit was still there.

Yes, i didn't notice any 120km signs on that stretch - if they are there theres not many of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

They are there, they're obviously very recent as when I drove up to Top Gear Saturday 2 weeks ago it was still 100 km/h but I was up that way last week and it had been changed.

Advertisement