Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Primetime] Service with a snarl

Options
  • 15-12-2008 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭

On RTE Primetime now. All about customer service.

Any chances our esteemed broadband providers might make an appearance?

Edit: LOL, Chorus/NTL are first up :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Chorus/NTL

Vodafone is getting it too, Voodoofone are absolute gentlemen compared to Chorus/NTL may I add.

Three are up now, that should complete the usual suspects ....although BT Billing should really get a bit of a mention at the end .

NO NON TELCO SO FAR :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Three just got a mention, exceptional circumstances eh? ;)

Onto Meteor now and ID fraud with a bill pay mobile,

Meaty Hoor up now , Meteor were conned and would not accept that they were conned in an identity theft fraud. I am a bit sorry for Meteor getting dragged in over something like this but they really should have a better fraud control system especially if the victim shows up in the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

3 were on also.

Three deserved a much better exposure ...Chorus style. They are complete scammers !

• Advertisement

Smart Vision now, not Smart Broadband mind, Smart Vision !

I really look forward to some non telco coming up at some stage !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Smart now and how people in a building can only go with Smart, shame smart are getting bad PR there are many companys that could do with it more.

I missed the start so no idea how they threated UPC.

Smarts response was good, shame it dragged on so long for there customers,

The Smart complaint is about the old Smart , 2006 and 2007 version . It does not differentiate against the new Smart which is unfair.

Smart should not be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Chorus/NTL and Three , chalk and cheese come to mind , very unfair !

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The Smart complaint is about the old Smart , 2006 and 2007 version . It does not differentiate against the new Smart which is unfair.

Smart should not be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Chorus/NTL and Three , chalk and cheese come to mind , very unfair !

I'd tend to agree, although as noted the complaint was still being dragged onto to today, but there response of having an engineer onsite tonight was a bloody good response in relation to the complaint.

Looks like some non-telco's coming up

BT , why am I surprised .

Its like the Primetime researchers only read the BB forum on Boards.ie .

Perlico up now . Poor bastard rang Perlico 150 times .

Clearwire then

Only Imagine and eircom left from the usual suspects !

• Advertisement

Perlico & BT phone now, fun fun
    Given Paul Woods previous positive resolutions on boards I'd expect this to end very well for Perlico and perhaps somewhjat negative for BT on the billing side ;)
    (BT saying they have a recording of his call switching to BT and then saying they cant find it)

[UPDATE]
    I think Perlico's response was pretty good, free month for phone, broadband and calls and 100e goodwill ontop of that, BT's was funny (our customer) and he never was there customer,

Good old Damien on now, :)

Direct Debits and BT...oh joy of joy,its only fair they get a grilling given there massive billing issues....I had three official billing complaints with them on there business package myself when I used to be with them.

[UPDATE]
    BT reactivating canceled direct debits, so even though they cannot reactivate DD they did without authorization from the end user. Direct Debit scheme guarantee protects him but thats not much good to him if he has to spend ages chasing them

Onto Dell now.... :)

You will have feck all moderating to do Cabaal ....until 10:30pm when the program is over .

BT back on again , sheesh , BT BILLING in fact and that long running BT Ireland Direct Debit Fraud scam that has a few hefty threads in here :p

Comreg and IPSO have escaped scot free so far , the bastards .

IPSO have claimed that BT are ( in effect ) changing the DD data but that the DD service is secure.

ARSE :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The problem is that they only seem to fix problems once you involve primetime/media

zAbbo wrote: »
    The problem is that they only seem to fix problems once you involve primetime/media

This happens alot alright, I've seen from first hand experience that companys incl BT and Three are very quick to resolve issues if one of two things happen (depending on the issue)
    1. They are dealing with media/reporter
    2. You request an official response from the company (this only works with certain issues)

Anyway onto non-telco companys now :)

If we all clubbed togethe and simply hired an Irish Times journalist ( cost c.€500) to pump queries in for 2 days on our behalf it would be great value for money , so much less traffic on this Board and so many resolutions.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If we all clubbed togethe and simply hired an Irish Times journalist ( cost c.€500) to pump queries in for 2 days on our behalf it would be great value for money , so much less traffic on this Board and so many resolutions.

I'm sure some hard pressed Irish Times journalist would love the extra money, all he/she would have to do is send off a few e-mails. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Absolutely shocking, those companies should be ashamed of themselves, this bleedin country has the worst customer service in the world, i missed the start did they happen to mention the absolute worst of the lot Ryanair, i can relate to most of the companies mentioned especially cowboys like BT Ireland and Jackie Skellys who had the audacity to actually "reject all allegations" i can categorically state everything said about Skellys is absolutely true as a former member and i know someone who used to be employed there as well and they said exactly the same as that bird who used to work with them.

It's good that these companies pathetic customer service is being exposed, most had no option but to admit they were in the wrong but where does it end, it doesn't, the problems will just continue and continue, compared tot he customer service in paces like Dubai which is of a seriously high standard which i can vouch for, Ireland has absolutelo shocking customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

For those who missed it, its on the rte.ie site in live tv...
    my internet(20mb ntl) is so slow i can't watch it :(

Also why did they only mention people who live in apartments in Park West having problems with Smart Telecom, in Smithfield it was exactly the same only had one provider to choose from, we had a nightmare with these monkeys for a long time worst TV service ever, im not living there at the moment but i know people who still are, disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Would have been better if they got a reporter undercover inside a call centre or two.

and LOL at the woman in the reconstruction using the iPhone upsidedown :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Cabaal wrote: »
    Good old Damien on now, :)

Direct Debits and BT...oh joy of joy,its only fair they get a grilling given there massive billing issues....I had three official billing complaints with them on there business package myself when I used to be with them.

[UPDATE]
    BT reactivating canceled direct debits, so even though they cannot reactivate DD they did without authorization from the end user. Direct Debit scheme guarantee protects him but thats not much good to him if he has to spend ages chasing them

Onto Dell now.... :)

Any company reactivating a dd should be charged with attempted theft. The ipso representative looked distinctly uncomfortable and should have been challenged much more - he got away very lightly indeed. I now have it in writing from IPSO that no originator (ie the biller) has ever been expelled from the dd system. Imagine that in all its years and all the awful things these guys have done no one has ever been thrown out - so they can do what the bloody well like. And the bill payer misses a payment and it can cost up to €25euros!!!!! We really need a prime time on the dd scheme to expose it once and for all.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Smart now and how people in a building can only go with Smart, shame smart are getting bad PR there are many companys that could do with it more.

I missed the start so no idea how they threated UPC.

Smarts response was good, shame it dragged on so long for there customers,

''Responses'' are mere PR it is nonsense to praise a response and so blithely say ''shame it dragged on for the customers''

Why was there no banks featured on it they are also guilty of shocking customer service, and RTE themselves who provide a sub standard TV service:mad:

zAbbo wrote: »

Indeed - this will be a one day wonder and nothing at all will change. Most of us could have written the PR blather in advance that appeared on Prime Time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

what they need to do is invite the reps on live tv and get themss to explain themselves.

what they need to do is invite the reps on live tv and get themss to explain themselves.

Yes agree totally. And have an invited audience of all the customers to whom they have uttered the immortal words 'we regret the inconvience' and ''as a gesture of good will'' etc etc. Feed them to the lions!!

I want the IPSO guy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Gather yer pitchforks!!!

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

Out of interest, what was said about Clearwire?

• Advertisement

Munsterscycling, where are me bleedin Cork exchanges for the map ??

Customer service in Telcos in Ireland is so bad that you would have to run a primetime special each week for a year to change them .

Sending the fraud squad in after them + Comreg would be a start.

Comreg refused to come on, IPSO explained that BT are committing DD fraud and how...in effect..but tacitly that no sanctions had been or would be taken against fraud by IPSO

Dub45 is sick going on about the fraud that is the DD system. All of those scammers including Jackie Skelly hide behind this fraudulent DD system .

Advertisement