Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tattoos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

.22 Lover wrote: »
    I want to get the Try colour flag on my shoulder. good idea?
    I'd say no;because you too young and it's widely considered to be a IRA signature,if you're okay with it go for it,it's your skin,but I' hate for you to get some really unexpected stigma from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I'd say no;because you too young and it's widely considered to be a IRA signature,if you're okay with it go for it,it's your skin,but I' hate for you to get some really unexpected stigma from it

And aswell if he gets he will probably end up getting it covered up when he is older

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

unknown13 wrote: »
    And aswell if he gets he will probably end up getting it covered up when he is older

With a bigger one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Just by the way i look i get alot of crap from people but they genrally avoid me.So is it a bad thing to want to have your national identy permently painted on yourself?I would hope not.

.22 Lover wrote: »
    So is it a bad thing to want to have your national identy permently painted on yourself?I would hope not.

Not really but getting a tattoo at the age of 16 is worse. It will be poorly done by a non reputable artist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

TY, 16 year old scumbag (no other way to describe him) got the skeleton (exactly as it is in the body) onto his back, including spine, shoulderblates, the works, just like looking at an x-ray.

Fúcking muppet of the highest order.

As stupid as that sounds, I kinda wanna see that tattoo :D

Edit : Quick google search threw these up, pretty cool IMO, I'd never get, but still they're pretty cool.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Got a heart, star, and quaver on my wrist. Had been drawing it on my wrist for two years before I bit the bullet and got it done so I knew I did really want it and I wouldn't regret it! I love it and it means so much to me.

Got 2 lobe piercings in each ear, two in my left snug and one in my right cartilage as well! I want more piercings tho! Tattoos and piercing are my only real acts of rebellion! I'm such a good girl! :D

I have the tattoo covered up with bracelets most of the time tho when at home due to the fact that i would be skinned alive if my dad ever saw it! He didn't talk to me for two weeks when he found out about my snug (3 months after i got it done)! Manged 9 months safe so far! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Got a heart, star, and quaver on my wrist. Had been drawing it on my wrist for two years before I bit the bullet and got it done so I knew I did really want it and I wouldn't regret it! I love it and it means so much to me.

Got 2 lobe piercings in each ear, two in my left snug and one in my right cartilage as well! I want more piercings tho! Tattoos and piercing are my only real acts of rebellion! I'm such a good girl! :D

I have the tattoo covered up with bracelets most of the time tho when at home due to the fact that i would be skinned alive if my dad ever saw it! He didn't talk to me for two weeks when he found out about my snug (3 months after i got it done)! Manged 9 months safe so far! :)

Would you ever forget to cover the tattoo when around your dad or is it always in the back of your mind? , I'm hopefully getting my first tattoo soon, I will be getting a Polynesian tattoo around my elbow and going up and down my arm too, I guess I'm lucky my parents don't mind me getting a tattoo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Would you ever forget to cover the tattoo when around your dad or is it always in the back of your mind? , I'm hopefully getting my first tattoo soon, I will be getting a Polynesian tattoo around my elbow and going up and down my arm too, I guess I'm lucky my parents don't mind me getting a tattoo.

Well I havent yet, but its something I'm worried of doing! It tends to be on the back of my mind and I generally have the bracelets on 24/7 anyway just in case!

Leeg17 wrote: »
    As stupid as that sounds, I kinda wanna see that tattoo :D

Edit : Quick google search threw these up, pretty cool IMO, I'd never get, but still they're pretty cool.

The guy with the back done is an idiot. Why would you get such a stupid piece done on your back. Get some thing that looks decent done on your back. The funny thing is that, that will never be able to be covered up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

unknown13 wrote: »
    The guy with the back done is an idiot. Why would you get such a stupid piece done on your back. Get some thing that looks decent done on your back. The funny thing is that, that will never be able to be covered up.

I think it's cool

(which means it is. of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Done wrong;
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZH9Yom9dF5vBRmCEWGB0wG-9GsxSSztABc4-1DyWgiqxFo0k&t=1&usg=__CM8eyy14rwCHSlC25Wf_mkW_Qxc=

That was done without her knowing, she didn't choose it.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i have a big treble clef on the back of my left shoulder. one of the best decisions i ever made cause, although it sounds cheesey, music is my life and this really represents pretty much everything that is me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

kev_s88 wrote: »
    i have a big treble clef on the back of my left shoulder. one of the best decisions i ever made cause, although it sounds cheesey, music is my life and this really represents pretty much everything that is me! :D

they are actually very common - I have seen them a lot. I don't mean that in an insulting way, I'm just saying! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

haha i know a few people who have got them. i just specifically like mine cause its not quite one full line, its like 3 lines and theres parts where the clef dusnt overlap so it looks pretty cool :D

kinda scummy pic, but meh lol

31122009008-1.jpg?t=1280705459

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

A lad i know has hands wrapped up on rosary beads tattoo'd on his arm - which is kinda stupid because he clearly does not believe in God - At oxegen we went into Naas and there was a preacher guy there and the lad i know shouted a serious about of abuse at him for talking "****e"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

A lad i know has hands wrapped up on rosary beads tattoo'd on his arm - which is kinda stupid because he clearly does not believe in God - At oxegen we went into Naas and there was a preacher guy there and the lad i know shouted a serious about of abuse at him for talking "****e"

I know plenty of people with this kinda thing, couldn't tell ya the last time any of em went to mass!!

I know a girl who got stars on her back because it's one of the latest 'trends'.

I wanna get 'Sine Metu' inside the arch of my foot. It's latin for without fear. Can't really get any where they can be seen coz of teaching which kinda sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Hate tattoos. Fair enough it's your body and you can get one if you like, but they're not for me at all, at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

i shouted at him too, but that was only to encourage the fe*ker :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

All of this talk of preachers reminded me of this

Think there's no* such thing as a stupid tattoo, if you like it, **** everyone else. However, I do think it's stupid to get a tattoo purely because it's the current trend a la nautical star

*Ok this is dumb/epic at the same time

wolverine_mylittlepony_tattoo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Here are some of my tattoos:

22458_252429259827_234613914827_315.jpg

Image0008.jpg

25092009102.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

They were Jeohavah Witnesses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

My cousin wanted one and my uncle came up with a great idea.

He said he would sign the consent form (she is 15) when she had saved enough money to have it removed if it went wrong.

On the teenagers thing, a guy in my year got a tattoo on my upper arm of a heart with a sword through it with a dragon coiling around it and "Mum & Dad" on the heart (he was an orphan) in second year. He has since dropped out. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I detest tattoos, I know a few morons who've got them and they just look a mess.

Like my mom once told my cousin, 'if you want to express yourself, experiment with your hair, at least it will grow back'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I love tattoos and I cant wait to get one but it'll years before I do I'd say I wanna be 100% totally sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Sleeve tattoos can be pretty hot on girls sometimes if they pull them off right. In general I hate them though, especially the ones with absolutely 0 meaning attached-stars, love hearts etc. Grannys and stuff, fine, at least theres personal significance, but I have 3 friends having this tatooing and piercing war, where they keep trying to outdo eachother. There is nothing left of one of the girls that isn't pierced:eek:

Myself, I would never get one. Not even if you paid me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I want to get a small tattoo on the instep of my foot. It'll be one of personal significance...and unless I'm flaunting the soles of my feet at people, it'll be hidden. I've wanted it done for a few years now, but I didn't want to rush into it and said I'd wait a bit.

I may get it done soon though. Even if I end up hating it, I won't be able to see it unless I try realllllly hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

bythewoods wrote: »
    I want to get a small tattoo on the instep of my foot. It'll be one of personal significance...and unless I'm flaunting the soles of my feet at people, it'll be hidden. I've wanted it done for a few years now, but I didn't want to rush into it and said I'd wait a bit.

I may get it done soon though. Even if I end up hating it, I won't be able to see it unless I try realllllly hard!

Ohh that would feel so weird!

I want to get one someday myself,of course I had a few stupid ideas in the past,but then talking to my brother about his tattoos he said he had his idea in mind and was perfecting it for years before he got his first tatt.
    So yeah,gonna think about it for ages before I get one,no one wants something they'll regret for the rest of their lives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I do want a tattoo but my extreme needle phobia might just prevent that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I love tattoos. There are some dire ones out there but it's really a personal thing. I don't really think they have to have a personal meaning though, there is nothing wrong with putting something on your body just because you absolutely love it.

I have an idea for a tattoo, it's a quote from a poem I really like but it's quite long so could look wierd. It's also French and though I know what it means I don't speak any French and wouldn't even be able to pronounce it if someone asked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Ment to post this ages ago...

Here's some photos of the tattoo I got! Its tiny and on my left foot. :)
    Quality isn't great...damn camera!

[URL="[IMG]http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m512/LaneiiI/P7140402.jpg[/IMG]"]P7140402.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[IMG]http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m512/LaneiiI/P7140397.jpg[/IMG]"]P7140397.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I've this on my wrist. I wanted it for ages and finally got it in February. I love it but unfortunately the line isn't the same thickness the whole way so I'm going to get it fixed some time. It has meaning to me so I don't think I'll ever regret it! :)

5940196452_4ab12f5efa.jpg

The shiny stuff is cream! My arm looks really weird there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Don't like tattoos at all...and can't really think of any symbol of personal significance I can imagine I'd be delighted with forever. It'd probably just end up being something I'd look back at when I'm 47, cynical and bitter at the world and go "what a naive, moronic thing that was."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hopefully getting a tat next week! Getting ゴジラ tattooed on my wrist which translates to Godzilla :D Also have a big rib-piece in the works but don't know when that'll be getting done

I love tattoos and always have. I plan on going for near full coverage some day. I have plans for both legs, back, chest, sleeves, neck, hands and fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I decided last night that I wanted to get a Harry Potter related tattoo. I was thinking the deathly hallows symbol somewhere as it's subtle enough. Possibly with "the last enemy that shall be destroyed Is death" around it in a circley thing. Now whether or not I actually end up getting it is a completely different story. I'll leave it for a while before I do anything anyway.

• Advertisement

kateos2 wrote: »
    I decided last night that I wanted to get a Harry Potter related tattoo. I was thinking the deathly hallows symbol somewhere as it's subtle enough. Possibly with "the last enemy that shall be destroyed Is death" around it in a circley thing. Now whether or not I actually end up getting it is a completely different story. I'll leave it for a while before I do anything anyway.

Go for it! :D That'd be awesome! Do you have an idea of where you want it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Get mudblood on your arm tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

I'm getting Jesus Christ riding a bicycle with no hands (outstretched like on the cross) travelling on water with an expression on his face that is a mixture of arrogance, accomplishment and satisfaction at the feat which he is completing. That is when I can afford said tattoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

My friend is forever showing me really cool HP tattoos she finds on tumbler. One of my personal favourites was the deathly hallows symbol behind the ear. It looked really cool, but I suppose you wouldn't have room for writing around it.

I have a tattoo. I feel like it's really personal even though the meaning behind it isn't a secret or anything. It's really small and on the inside of my ankle. So far I've only told around four or five people about it and no one else has noticed. I really like it and I don't feel like I'll regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Spending so long on what kind of Tatoo I want, considering a big ish one on my calf at this point.

tumblr_lnzyjhXVZW1qb2egqo1_500.jpg

Still undecided though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I want to get 'lumos' in white ink in a pretty font, probably on my collarbone, or 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good/mischief managed' somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

My friend is forever showing me really cool HP tattoos she finds on tumbler. One of my personal favourites was the deathly hallows symbol behind the ear. It looked really cool, but I suppose you wouldn't have room for writing around it.

I have a tattoo. I feel like it's really personal even though the meaning behind it isn't a secret or anything. It's really small and on the inside of my ankle. So far I've only told around four or five people about it and no one else has noticed. I really like it and I don't feel like I'll regret it.

I want the DH symbol behind my ear. I've wanted the symbol since the book came out, because those books have meant so much to me.

I've three I want. All song lyrics, all by bands who have meant so much more than I can say. I think the first one I'll get is 'AWAKE UNAFRAID' on my left wrist, and 'ASLEEP DEAD' on my right. I'm saving up to get them done reputably though (and since I'm not 18 till November)

You could get "I must not tell lies" in red. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Also, I saw a girl in the Social Welfare office a few months ago with '50 Cent' tattooed on her neck. Winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I kind of want the Deathly Hallows symbol somewhere, but I don't know where. I really like the idea of getting it on the back of my neck -about the same size as Silver's from 90210. But I'm not sure if it's a good idea, I'd have to invest in some serious make-up to hide it in any job interviews

Lawliet wrote: »
    I kind of want the Deathly Hallows symbol somewhere, but I don't know where. I really like the idea of getting it on the back of my neck -about the same size as Silver's from 90210. But I'm not sure if it's a good idea, I'd have to invest in some serious make-up to hide it in any job interviews

Your hair could cover it or a collar, also you could get it done a bit lower down so it's not too visible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

As of yesterday im 8 hours/€700 into my new one. Still another 6 hours minimum Id say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

26702_134694596549773_100000277016471_297147_5875378_n_1.jpg

This is my baby! Really simple but still have to add the quote to it! Have had it on my wall for about 7 years to make sure I wouldn't get sick of it and it means a lot!

Got it the month after I turned 18 and next thing everyone starts walking around with footprints on them ( mine are the nicest though, by far :P )! But i love it and it means a lot so I really don't care what anyone else has tbh.

My Dad got one when he was young and hates it because it was a rash decision and it's pretty ugly :pac: He wanted to get it removed but I won't let him 'cause it's all I've ever known him as. People may regret getting stupid tattoos for whatever reason but once it's on you it is you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I know a guy who has a tattoo of a burning sliothar on his calf...

we all thought It was a skull for the first few months :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'd like to get this done:

Hunting_Bear.jpg

And maybe get a lyric underneath. Not sure though. It might just stay forever as a thought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement