Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I don't understand why people get tattoos in foreign languages which have very bad grammar errors which makes it obvious they don't really speak that language atall. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

M&S* wrote: »
    I don't understand why people get tattoos in foreign languages which have very bad grammar errors which makes it obvious they don't really speak that language atall. :confused:

Purely for image or maybe In remembrance of someone who was from another country. Unless you can find a native speaker if a language and are 100000% sure then don't go for a tattoo in a different language as sometimes things don't translate as literally as you might want. I have Japanese in my wrist but I know what it means and a Japanese person confirmed it :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The wonderful people at irishlearner.awyr.com (the same people who used to post on Irish Gaelic Translator) do a lot of work to help people around the world get Gaelic tattoos done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Seeing this thread reminded me of something: there are actually tattoos on the body of a middle-aged man (who I've never met, couldn't even tell you his first name) somewhere in England, based on designs I made a few years ago.

The internet is a crazy place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Got my first tattoo, homemade and of a ghost :)

11092012218.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

^^
    Does that ghost have a penis?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

.....homemade???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Don't think I've ever posted a picture of my tattoo, I drew it myself it's suppose to be a dragon spirit thing. The Kanji means strength, which is a bit lame I just wanted a simple design to put in that space. A friend of mine who's fluent in Chinese says it can also be read as the character for four, I'm considering telling people that's what it means from now on :P

tattoo.jpg

Pic isnt working Lawleit!

^^
    Does that ghost have a penis?
    Possibly :pac:
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    .....homemade???

My boyfriend and a couple of friends do tattoos with Indian ink and a needle, they've done a fair few now :)

• Advertisement

Aoifey! wrote: »
    My boyfriend and a couple of friends do tattoos with Indian ink and a needle, they've done a fair few now :)

Oh....that's illegal for a reason like...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I'm getting my 5th tattoo done in the next couple of weeks, I'm gonna go big and get a full sleeve, its my 1st tattoo thats going to have colour. Cant wait to get started its taking me ages to put all the ideas together.

After reading through a good bit of the thread, I'd just like to advise people that if your going to get a tattoo take your time and decide what you want. the amount of times Ive heard people say "I'll get something small so it'll be easily covered" :confused: To me that means your already telling yourself you dont like it. Remember its on you for life so a few weeks of decision making isn't going to kill you.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Oh....that's illegal for a reason like...
    To be honest I completely forgot it was illegal, if I had remember I wouldn't have added the 'homemade' part :P but it was done very safe consciously.

Advertisement