Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Tattoo

• 15-12-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hi im new to the boards really but its a grand oul place :)

Anyways im lookin to get me first tattoo, donno why i waited so long but ive money an time now to actually get it so.

Lookin to get LHG across the top of me back..not huge but not tiny, in some impressive lettering...(me initials btw;) )

Just wondering whats the best place in dublin to get it done, few me mates got theirs in Zulu but i just wanna get a general feel if anyone thinks somewhere else is better?

And any guesses on price or general info would help alot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

From what I hear, Colourworks is highly reccommended, but I'd say wait to get advice off one of the dubs around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Colourworks / Zulu / Snakebite. Any of those studios have decent artists. Have a look on www.dafont.com for some decent fonts.
    Depending on size etc you'd be looking about €80-100 per hour so if its accross the top of your back I'd say €200 should do it.
    An additional piece of advice, make sure to put a good amount of thought into what you're putting on your back, I'm personally not a huge fan of "plain" scipt on skin tattoos. Take a look on bmezine.com for some ideas as to what you might consider adding to your tattoo to make it more intricate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Undead wrote: »
    Hi im new to the boards really but its a grand oul place :)

Anyways im lookin to get me first tattoo, donno why i waited so long but ive money an time now to actually get it so.

Lookin to get LHG across the top of me back..not huge but not tiny, in some impressive lettering...(me initials btw;) )

Just wondering whats the best place in dublin to get it done, few me mates got theirs in Zulu but i just wanna get a general feel if anyone thinks somewhere else is better?

And any guesses on price or general info would help alot.

Just curious as to why you'd get your initials tattoo'd onto you??? especially in a place you cant even see ??
    I'm actually seriously asking as I've never gotten why people do it

Edit: Also you should be awarded lurker of boards.ie. Three and a half years and only one post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Just curious as to why you'd get your initials tattoo'd onto you??? especially in a place you cant even see ??
    I'm actually seriously asking as I've never gotten why people do it

Edit: Also you should be awarded lurker of boards.ie. Three and a half years and only one post!!

I honestly donno, i just want it done there lol. I love my initials anyways, very proud of who i am...and i donno why on me back but, i just do lol.

Oh, and yea i signed up years ago and forgot all about it, then busy with leavin, life, army etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I knew a guy that got his name on his forarm, and I asked the same question as Raze_them_all; why your name? But more power to ya, It'll open the door to more

• Advertisement
Advertisement