Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiators giving off a Burning Smell?

Options
  • 15-12-2008 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a problem with the radiators in the house. There is a burning smell (similar to the fumes form the outside boiler) coming from inside the house. I recently fitted a new water pump as the old one seized then bled the radiators.

So what is this smell? Could it be the famous Duncan Stewart (Carbon Monoxide)? :eek: What should i do?

All help appreciated
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

If some of the water from the radiators spilled down the outside when you were bleeding them, it might cause a bit of a smell as it dries off. If there is a residue left on the outside of the radiators let them cool and wipe it off with clean water.
    Carbon monoxide is a by-product of combustion, so unless fumes from the boiler are getting into the house you don't need to worry about it. Anyway, carbon monoxide does not have a smell at all.

Advertisement