Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Circular Road near the park

Options
  • 15-12-2008 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Thinking about renting in a place called Marlborough mews just off marrlborough road. Really near to the park but a bit worried about the proximity to O Devaney Gardens. Do I have any reason to be worried or am I on the right side of noth circular. Would it be safe for my girlfriend to walk to phibsboro or the park on her own. Any help would be great cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

obriener wrote: »
    Thinking about renting in a place called Marlborough mews just off marrlborough road. Really near to the park but a bit worried about the proximity to O Devaney Gardens. Do I have any reason to be worried or am I on the right side of noth circular. Would it be safe for my girlfriend to walk to phibsboro or the park on her own. Any help would be great cheers:)

It's rough around there and Phibsboro's also a dump full of junkies and alcoholics hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

It is a bit rough, I'm not sure exactly how bad though. I would contradict the poster above on Phibsboro - it's a perfectly good area. It looks a bit grim thanks to the monstrosity of a shopping centre, but it's safe and fairly quiet, and not somewhere you'd be worried to walk through at the dead of night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Live in the area and am female. I regularly walk in the park on my own, not at night but that goes without saying with any park or night. Phibsboro has got a bit rougher in the past few years, but its still a pretty safe area. i cant see much reason for you to be in Phibs often anyway if living near the park end of NCR. Same amenities are in Stoneybatter which is closer !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I grew up around there/family home is there you wouldn't really bother with phibsboro as mentioned stoneybatter is closer and there is the tesco's on prussia street.

The area itself is fine though you are nicely positioned between O'Devaney the abbatoir (Blackhorse grove) and the cattle market (Drumalee) ><. Your gf would have no issues going to the park and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

Im from the area myself and my advice to you is to stay a million miles away from it,it is in my opinion the most dangerous,dogdey place in Dublin,the 'Mews' your talking about are small cramped poorly built houses and apartments situated down a lane off Blackhorse Avenue and the North Circualr Road and the Old Cabra Road,its right beside a small emergency hostel frequented by homeless alcoholics and drug addicts,and the lane is used occasionally to burn out robbed cars,the apartments and houses where you are planning on moving into were fleeced every second week of tools and building supplies while being built,you will be a stones throw from O'Devaney,but the corparation estates nearby is were the trouble comes from,Blackhorse Grove(abitor),Drumalee(the cattle market),Mckee Park and Dunard,Cabras pretty close by aswell,all these areas have some very nice people living there,but alot of the biggest scumbags you could imagine,car thieves,drug dealers,junkies,and general dirtbags,but its the small kids who are the biggest problem,12 and 13 year olds who run amok,smashing windows,vandalising everything,up to all manner of badness,and they do so with impunity as the gaurds are afraid to enter these estates and the parents are usually strung out or in the pub,probably the city arms beside the cattle market,if your moving there and have a car expect for it to stolen more then once,its a joyriders mecca around there,and expect junkies knocking at your door trying to sell you robbed pirate dvds and stolen stuff,the Park is around the corner and safe to walk through during the day,but stay well away at night,and anyone here encouraging your girlfriend to walk through there at night should hit themselves as they dont know the area at all,the park is extremely dangerous at night,its full of prostituition(more male then female),homeless alcos and junkies,and all manner of weirdos,the North Circular beside the park,is all rent allowance jobs,mainly romanian immigrants and unemployed alcos and general losers,and Phibsboro is close but its a good 20 mins walk away and Phibsboro is a grand auld area...........................I know its an extremely grim description of the area,but its not an exaguration,it really is a miserable dive,lived there for 25 years,and of course not everyone there are degenrates,but alot are,and they give the place its rough reputation,stay away from it mate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Irlbo wrote: »
    Im from the area myself and my advice to you is to stay a million miles away from it,it is in my opinion the most dangerous,dogdey place in Dublin,the 'Mews' your talking about are small cramped poorly built houses and apartments situated down a lane off Blackhorse Avenue and the North Circualr Road and the Old Cabra Road,its right beside a small emergency hostel frequented by homeless alcoholics and drug addicts,and the lane is used occasionally to burn out robbed cars,the apartments and houses where you are planning on moving into were fleeced every second week of tools and building supplies while being built,you will be a stones throw from O'Devaney,but the corparation estates nearby is were the trouble comes from,Blackhorse Grove(abitor),Drumalee(the cattle market),Mckee Park and Dunard,Cabras pretty close by aswell,all these areas have some very nice people living there,but alot of the biggest scumbags you could imagine,car thieves,drug dealers,junkies,and general dirtbags,but its the small kids who are the biggest problem,12 and 13 year olds who run amok,smashing windows,vandalising everything,up to all manner of badness,and they do so with impunity as the gaurds are afraid to enter these estates and the parents are usually strung out or in the pub,probably the city arms beside the cattle market,if your moving there and have a car expect for it to stolen more then once,its a joyriders mecca around there,and expect junkies knocking at your door trying to sell you robbed pirate dvds and stolen stuff,the Park is around the corner and safe to walk through during the day,but stay well away at night,and anyone here encouraging your girlfriend to walk through there at night should hit themselves as they dont know the area at all,the park is extremely dangerous at night,its full of prostituition(more male then female),homeless alcos and junkies,and all manner of weirdos,the North Circular beside the park,is all rent allowance jobs,mainly romanian immigrants and unemployed alcos and general losers,and Phibsboro is close but its a good 20 mins walk away and Phibsboro is a grand auld area...........................I know its an extremely grim description of the area,but its not an exaguration,it really is a miserable dive,lived there for 25 years,and of course not everyone there are degenrates,but alot are,and they give the place its rough reputation,stay away from it mate

jaysus when did you live there....1980?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

No lived there from 82-04,and it was a nicer place years ago then it is now,was up my aunts the other night and a dead cat was thrown at her front door,a man up the road,had his back window put in,from the lane behind his house,a sh*thole of the highest order

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement