Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water pressure

Options
  • 15-12-2008 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I have lost the water pressure in the kitchen tap, Does anyone know what could have caused this ? Over the last week the pressure has been getting worse and now its just a trickle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

Is it just the kitchen tap? How old is the tap? It could need tightening or maybe even replacing if its just the one tap in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Is it the hot water or cold water tap? The cold one should be coming directly off the mains, and if the mains pressureis low then the flow out of the tap will drop. Be worth checking with your local authority to see if there have been any problems with the mains supply. If it's the hot tap, connect it to the cold one with a bit of hose and try pushing mains water back up through it to clear any blockages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

the missus fixed it she leaned on the taps !!!

It was the kitchen tap and the cold one.

Thanks for reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

ART6 wrote: »
    Is it the hot water or cold water tap? The cold one should be coming directly off the mains, and if the mains pressureis low then the flow out of the tap will drop. Be worth checking with your local authority to see if there have been any problems with the mains supply. If it's the hot tap, connect it to the cold one with a bit of hose and try pushing mains water back up through it to clear any blockages.

I have a similar problem, but its with the hot tap in the kitchen, its a blender type tape with the two taps and the one long nozzle type thing.
    I dont think its blocked, more of a tap needing turning somewhere..

please help..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I have a similar problem, but its with the hot tap in the kitchen, its a blender type tape with the two taps and the one long nozzle type thing.
    I dont think its blocked, more of a tap needing turning somewhere..

please help..:o

The tap will be supplied with cold waster direct from the mains and hot water from your hot water cylinder. So the first question is do any of the other hot taps (in the bathroom) flow normally? If not then you have a blockage or airlock in the hot water system between the tank in the attac and the cylinder. If they do flow OK then either the valve in the hot tap is jammed or there is something blocking it. Try holding something over the nozzle (a plastic bottle or something). Open the hot tap fully and then ease open the cold tap. That will force mains water back through the hot tap and should clear any blockages or airlock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Hi and thanks for the reply..

All the other hot taps work fine..
    Upstairs is powered by a pump that is in the hot-press.
    The only other hot tap downstairs is the down stairs toilet and that works fine, which also works through a similar type tap.

Will give the bottle thing a go, can see my rain jacket being useful whilst doing this..:D

Advertisement