Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend somewhere for a late dinner and drinks?

Options
  • 16-12-2008 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I will be meeting someone tomorrow evening not before 10:30pm around Grafton street and I was wondering if anyone knows a good place to go for some food and a few pints?

I was thinking Captain America's but I just rang them and they've said they're usually closed around 10:30pm weekdays.

Unfortunately it's impossible to meet earlier or another day - input appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Eddie Rockets serves bottles of beer I think?

Thunderroad cafe in Temple Bar perhaps? Might be busy with Xmas parties though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

You could try la Cave on Sth. Anne's st. It's a french rest/winebar. No beer but it does serve until the small hours even mid-week. The food is very reasonably priced and good quality and the plonk can be bought reasonably too. It's busy, lively and intimate. Sometimes live music too. Bruxelles is open 'til 2.30 and that's just 2 minutes away if pints are required after feeding. The ph. No. is (01)6794409.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The Westbury Hotel on Harry Street (off the west side of Grafton Street).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The Westbury Hotel on Harry Street (off the west side of Grafton Street).

But only if you don't plan on spending any other cash for the rest of the year.

Yamamori does cheap enough Japanese grub and bottled beers.

Advertisement