Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant Smile

• 16-12-2008 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Im 27 years of age ive a mouth like dustbin...

I do brush my teath and use clorisol and another mouth wash and try to stay on top of my teeth but i dont. there beyond just a tooth brush....

Ive got some heavy decay on a number of decayed teath in the front and in the back ive got a wisdom tooth that broke another tooth coming down bassically i can barely chew...

as a child I never looked after my teath my mother nagged me and me being me ignored her as it was an act of reblion in some way (odd child Hood) never went to the dentist...

I can't even smile with out the dissgusting im self concous of it and i feel it does'nt help my confidance.. Bassically i know ive done the dammage and what ever pain im going to receve i some what diserve but i have to get this sorted even trying to get a job i can't smile perfectly like every one else id just love to have a normal smile... which i dont...

i have the vhi dental insurance which i can use in 3 months time ive allso got vhi health insurance....

i know my first port of call is a dentist after that im not shore... but has any one had bad teath and hpow did it go for you ?
    ie implants screw ins etc ?

how did it work out?
    did it cost much ?
    how long did it take?

would love some info on how you got on thank's

SM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PinotGrigio

Hi Snow Monkey

I am really in the same boat as you. I am 27 also & have totally neglected my teeth for the past 10 years resulting in many decayed teeth & bleeding gums now. I really want to do something about it.

I know I will have to get loads of work done which will be ridiculously expensive & I am sure I will not be able to afford it. I have VHI dental insurance but I do not qualify for PRSI for a few more months.

I am so nervous about going to the dentist. I have been trying to build up the courage for the past nine months now but I have only become more nervous & my teeth have gotten worse.

I am really worried the dentist will laugh at me & give me a lecture. I am also really worried aout the cost.

Hopefully some body will give us some advise. It is really starting to interefere with my life as I am worried someone will see a bad tooth or my gums will bleed if I am talking to someone.I am quite a quiet person & this is making me retreat into myself even more.

I was glad to see your post & see that someone is in the same boat as me.

Advertisement