Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I am doing a car riddle! Need help!!

Options
  • 16-12-2008 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I am doing a car riddle at the moment and I am stuck on one part.

The riddle is:

Americans call them push but we dont... despite their unfortunate name they are not shít.

Now I think it is something to do with brakes. Because brakes = something breaks and is therefore shít.

It could be brake lines, brake pad, brake disk...maybe I am way off??

Now the only thing that is throwing me off is the Americans calling them push. Anyone have an idea??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

How do you know it's a car part? It might be a model/type of car?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,997 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Handbrake can sometimes be a "pushbrake" in US automatic terminology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

carbsy wrote: »
    How do you know it's a car part? It might be a model/type of car?

Because it is! I havent given the whole riddle. But its a car part.

MYOB wrote: »
    Handbrake can sometimes be a "pushbrake" in US automatic terminology.

Thankd for your help but not in this case. The riddle states:

She bought him an "1" some "2" and a "3", he was delighted with his gifts.

1) Maybe not as good as its big brother but it does have a colour.
    2)Americans call them push but we dont... despite their unfortunate name they are not shít
    3)Ever sat in a tank all day long? You would whine too!

In the sentance it says "......some 2" indicating its plural. I still think its something to do with brakes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The whole riddle might help :D

Im stuck on a question here in the table quiz maybe you guys an help? What is the capital of ? any one shed any light on that? (sorry mods can you move this to the geography section :D )

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    The whole riddle might help :D

Im stuck on a question here in the table quiz maybe you guys an help? What is the capital of ? any one shed any light on that? (sorry mods can you move this to the geography section :D )

Thats the important part of the riddle. :rolleyes:

As you requested though....

Santa had to get with the times and decided to trade his sleigh in and get a nice EP Turbo. Stock it was pretty fast but he asked Mrs Claus for some parts for Christmas to spice things up a bit. She bought him an "1" some "2" and a "3", he was delighted with his gifts.

1) Maybe not as good as its big brother but it does have a colour.
    2)americans call them push but we dont... despite their unfortunate name they are not ****
    3)Ever sat in a tank all day long? You would whine too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

could #3 be a supercharger? It whines, and a tank would be a "super charger"!

Advertisement