Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget for WSOP?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Thanks Guys.

I know that the question was too vague, but most ideas start that way (and I had to mention poker so we were on topic :) )

I have got as far as ...

Flights ... try and sat into summat with a package, otherwise cheapest.

Hotel ... cheap and cheerful unless Boyles or PaddyPower are paying, so $100 per day max.

Food ... some big prices quoted. For after the wins im(hopeful)o. Slap me if you see me spending $100 per day.

Booze ... see food. A half decent bottle of red'll set me up nicely and I'll take it from there.

Only 3 teeny problems.

1) Sterling worth feck all.

2) Mrs Grafter wants to come and thinks she should have buyins to match mine, even though she hasn't folded a hand, ever.

3) Sh1t scared of flying. Fine line between pissed enough to get on a plane and too pissed to be allowed on the plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i was in vegas for 3 weeks last summer. was very much on a budget.
    I had originally given myself $300 a day to include poker/food/accom etc for 6/7 days and was looking to spend about $2000 in the week, or €1200 at the time.

Was travelling the states at the time so flights were a non issue, and i had a car with me. I stayed in the Stratosphere which is $30 between 2. (avoid staying there on July 4th, that night is about $200+ on its own).

I played $100 max buy in $1-$2 NL cash games in binions. In binions and the golden nugget you'll get tourist standard cash games, in terms of tournaments they will have games along the lines of

11am: $70 crapshoot
    2pm: $150-$250 main game of the day, great structure.
    8pm:$120 good structure
    11pm: $70 crapshoot
    2am: $30-$50 ABSOLUTE GAMBOOOL

If i won some money i'd play a bigger game down on the strip. If i lost i'd just play a smaller buy in the next day. I was fairly strict with my budget and over a 3 week period actually was break even and that included playing 2 $500 games in the venetian and poker every day and seeing 3-4 shows.

Vegas is mad, the strip is where everyone wants to be, the cheap budget and more beatable games are downtown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Grafter wrote: »
    Thanks Guys.

I know that the question was too vague, but most ideas start that way (and I had to mention poker so we were on topic :) )

I have got as far as ...

as far as i know, and dont quote me on this, but aerlingus will be doing dublin-vegas direct flights in a sale in august (about 13hr flight), heard this, but unconfirmed

Hotel ... cheap and cheerful unless Boyles or PaddyPower are paying, so $100 per day max. stay in the stratosphere, right between the strip and downtown and $30 between two. easy.

Food ... some big prices quoted. For after the wins im(hopeful)o. Slap me if you see me spending $100 per day. they have shops there too, breakfast lunch cheap and cheerful, something tasty in a restaurant in the evening. again, avoid places like The Venetian, or The Wynn, and brand names and you'll struggle to spend near $50.

Booze ... see food. A half decent bottle of red'll set me up nicely and I'll take it from there. bottles of water about 75c! :p

Only 3 teeny problems.

2) Mrs Grafter wants to come and thinks she should have buyins to match mine, even though she hasn't folded a hand, ever.

3) Sh1t scared of flying. Fine line between pissed enough to get on a plane and too pissed to be allowed on the plane.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Thanks Guys.

I have got as far as ...

Hotel ... cheap and cheerful unless Boyles or PaddyPower are paying, so $100 per day max.

Food ... some big prices quoted. For after the wins im(hopeful)o. Slap me if you see me spending $100 per day.

Booze ... see food. A half decent bottle of red'll set me up nicely and I'll take it from there.

Only 3 teeny problems.

3/4 vallum should do the trick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 218 ✭✭CelticPhantom

Get here to play Omaha Hi-Lo; she won't have to fold a hand ever:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement