Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VBA Macros complient on different computers

Options
  • 16-12-2008 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I have build a VBA macro at home which I want to use at work. It works fine on my computer. I have built it using Excels VBA editor. It opens and closes different Word files as well as completing a number of simple tasks. I have built the macro using Excel 2007 and am trying to run it on my work computer using Excel 2000 - 2003. I get the error below

"Cannot find Project or Library"

Is there an easy to way to guarantee my Macros will be compliant and work properly on both versions of Excel / Office?

Any help???:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

would need to debug that to see which library its looking for. You might try building the macro(s) in the older version of the software and then try running it on the newer version (backwards compatability).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Peter B wrote: »
    I have build a VBA macro at home which I want to use at work. It works fine on my computer. I have built it using Excels VBA editor. It opens and closes different Word files as well as completing a number of simple tasks. I have built the macro using Excel 2007 and am trying to run it on my work computer using Excel 2000 - 2003. I get the error below

"Cannot find Project or Library"

Is there an easy to way to guarantee my Macros will be compliant and work properly on both versions of Excel / Office?

Any help???:confused:

Stick up the code its complaining about and we might be able to help more.

Advertisement