Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line setup

Options
  • 16-12-2008 12:32am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Started fishing again recently, been a long time since I used to fish with my dad as a teenager. Anyway, bought some gear at the weekend and went out sunday evening and caught a few blowfish and one black bream.
    Was just looking for tips on how to set up the hook, weight, bait etc.

What I did the other night was had 2 of the marble size ball weights, then one of those connecty things that are shaped a bit like a sideways 8, then a bit of line going down to the hook with the squid on it.

What's the best way to set this up? That was just me improvising because I haven't got a clue really. There are these nylon bits of line about 10 inches long they sell in all the tackle shops, with clips at either end, what are they for? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Hi,
    First of all your post cracked me up and secondly fair play to you for taking up fishing again,Its the most rewarding pastime Ive ever done and people in fishing circles are always willing to help, "The brother hood of the angle" thaey call it. Where I you fishing?

Heres a site that has great info on rigs,set ups and bait

http://www.torbayfishing.com/help-guides/sea-fishing-p1.htm

or this one which has infintae info

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/

there is a bait and tackle guide on the left handside which should tell you everything you need to know.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Ryanzo

Oh god..

Advertisement