Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rioch R8 camera

• 16-12-2008 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭

Nice camera, good build quality and a handy point and shoot for the DSLR user as it has plenty of customisable settings. Gets a good write up on the trade websites. £126.00 on amazon.co.uk (call it €160.00 shipped).

Down to my local camera shop (I have been buying here for nearly 20 years) and the same camera is €359.00

WTF? I hadn't noticed my pants were down.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Amazon themselves will not deliver this item to Ireland.

Pixmania have it for €188 here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

I am pretty sure you can do better than €188 if you check aroundUK camera websites.

Amazon is confusing cause the site does not tell you they wont deliver till they get your address. I did a fake buy just to be sure for you.

Boo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭RJC

sister in london.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Amazon will not ship electronics/eelctrical goods to ROI because of WEEE.
    Check out some of the German websites (e.g digitalwonderworld.de), always found their prices good and they ship promptly.
    Failing that take a trip to NY.

I am not allowed discuss …

As I said before - I have a sister in London so I just sip to her house. At any rate, with sterling and the euro about to reach parity it is easier to fly over there now.

• Advertisement

jmayo wrote: »
    Amazon will not ship electronics/eelctrical goods to ROI because of WEEE.
    Check out some of the German websites (e.g digitalwonderworld.de), always found their prices good and they ship promptly.
    Failing that take a trip to NY.

They're doing it for €241. Nearly as bad as Cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

RJC wrote: »
    They're doing it for €241. Nearly as bad as Cork!

Yep I know some of their prices appear to have gone up.
    Last few years saved a few hundred with them but again you need to check prices.
    BTW Komplett are not that cheap anymore.
    Also if buying in from Far East or US you can get billed for custom dutires and handling fees by An Post.
    Also UPS inform customs AFAIK.
    Anyway good luck with the shopping, the Amazon London option is good one.

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement