Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweeties to send to the US

• 16-12-2008 2:58am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, firstly, I can post sweets to America yeah?

I'm sending a wee package to a mate in Florida and was wondering what to put in it. So far I have Wham bars. I've never been to the States so I don't know what they have, or don't have.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

You sure can!

Is your mate Irish or American?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Excellent! He's American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Ok - basically they can get all the Mars stuff over there.

Send anything Cadburys or Kinder and you'll be fine.

Plus things like "penny sweets" go down a treat too. As do Tayto Cheese & Onion as they don't do that flavour over there really. My mate in the states loves the Walker's Taste range of crisps, especially the Sweet Chilli Ones. I also have to send him regular stockpiles of Mikado biscuits!

You could be very twee and send some Lemon's "season's greetings" or Emeralds or any of that Oatfield boiled sweet range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Americans go on how much they love candy but their candy is not that good. The sweet situation in Ireland is so much better than Stateside or even Australia for that matter. I have to travel into the city to find a British store that sells goodies from the old country and even then it is quite limited.

Go with the old school favorites. Penny sweets, Classic chocolate bars such as Chomp, Toffee Crisp, Yorkie and a handful of some of Ireland's well known chippies such as Tayto (of course), Monster Munch, Johnny Onion Rings. Dammit there is so much more ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

American's kill for a Crunchie. Seriously. They'll rip your arm off.

• Advertisement

Ckal wrote: »
    Shouldn't be encouraging violent behavior but this may be enough to push them right over the edge ...

Get Crunchie bar. Smash a few times with rolling pin. Proceed to pour on top of favorite ice cream. Yum fest!

Right, this is going to be a box rather than a Jiffy bag job now methinks! It'll probably cost a load to ship, but hopefully I'll get something tasty in return! I'll wait till after Christmas, he's going home to NY for the holidays.

You say Kinder...do they not have Nutella!?

Twee. wrote: »
    You say Kinder...do they not have Nutella!?
    You should send stuff that is hard to get outside of Ireland.

You can practically get Kinder and Nutella everywhere.

It would be like an American sending me a pack of Oreos. Nothing too exciting

dSTAR wrote: »
    You should send stuff that is hard to get outside of Ireland.

That's the aim.
    You can practically get Kinder and Nutella everywhere.

Someone previously said they don't get Kinder, so I was in shock that they are living their lives without the fantastic invention that is Nutella.
    It would be like an American sending me a pack of Oreos. Nothing too exciting

Unless it's those fudgy ones I've been hearing about....

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

Ckal wrote: »
    Yeah was going to say that.. They Love Crunchies over there.. Also Wispas would be good to send over?

• Advertisement
Advertisement