Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free XBLA game

• 16-12-2008 3:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/12/15/this-week-on-arcade-dash-of-destruction.aspx
    The long journey for the Doritos promotion is finally over! The winning concept, Dash Of Destruction, will be available as a full arcade title this Wednesday. The best part is that is will be available for free.

Edit: I am told this will be available in all Xbox LIVE regions

Probably won't be that good, but it's free.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Game is up to download. Just got it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

And? :)

Mr E wrote: »
    And? :)

Haven't played it yet. Just put it on my download queue on xbox.com.

Just played it and finished it there. Takes about 30 mins or less to finish the game, it just gives you 200 gamerscore, fun for the 30 mins but that's it, no lasting appeal really. I guess multiplayer could be fun with 4 people though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

whatever happened to getting a free game due to live crapping out last xmas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

They gave away Undertow if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

hmmm, i must have missed that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not missing much, Q Ball :)

Tried this over lunch... not bad, but no longevity at all. I'm not surprised its free.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Shockingly bad! Worthy of a basic Miniclip flash game, fine I suppose for free, but nothing special,

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Simple 190 gamerscore :D

Not arsed playing an online game for the last 10

• Advertisement

ciano1 wrote: »
    Simple 190 gamerscore :D

Not arsed playing an online game for the last 10

It's not online, local multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Found it enjoyable for the 20 mins it lasted. Bit of random destructive craic. It's not exactly supposed to be too serious!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

How long is it going to be free for?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I can't see them charging for it, but if you just queue it up now via the marketplace through your browser then it will just download next time you turn the console on if your not going to get back to it for a couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea its good for the time you play it then its just like yeah.. delete.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It took about 40 minutes to get 200 points, it's okay. It won't inspire demand for a high budget sequel or anything, but I've played worse games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr. K wrote: »
    It won't inspire demand for a high budget sequel or anything

I got a good laugh from that.

I played roughly 2 minutes and unlocked 3 achievements worth 40 or 50 points... Is this the live arcade equivalent of Avatar :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Easiest 200 gamer points ever.

My young 5 year old lad should have a great time playing this - he loves T-rex's :D.

Other than that, meh!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

God its an awful game!

Advertisement