Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Education Grant

Options
  • 16-12-2008 5:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever applied for the grant from your local authority for postgraduate study? I am currently doing a PhD by research and my funding will terminate soon before I will be completed. My fees will be paid until I finish but i will no longer be receiving any support or maintenance. Is it possible to get the grant at this stage (even not the full grant) ? Would I just have to apply in September? I used to receive the grant as an undergraduate but as I was receiving funding I was told that I would no longer receive it when I inquired about it when I started . Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Has anyone ever applied for the grant from your local authority for postgraduate study? I am currently doing a PhD by research and my funding will terminate soon before I will be completed. My fees will be paid until I finish but i will no longer be receiving any support or maintenance. Is it possible to get the grant at this stage (even not the full grant) ? Would I just have to apply in September? I used to receive the grant as an undergraduate but as I was receiving funding I was told that I would no longer receive it when I inquired about it when I started . Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Ring the grant administrator in your local authority. Have P60, P21 and full support to date amounts at hand.

They should be able to give an indication as to whether it's worth your while.

Advertisement