Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty Commercial Property in Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It was finished in 2000 or 2001 , the reddish brick one behind the Topaz, and was never fully occupied if indeed any of it was ever occupied .

That Connaught House building above Laura Ashley , also empty for 5 years and clad in tin or aluminium has just under 20 parking spaces per floor .

Another place I remember looking at had no protected stairwell any more because the landlord had allowed the one tenant to punch through it . When I mentioned a fire cert to the auctioneer I never heard back from them , ever .

It has been largely empty for 5 or 6 years despite being well fitted out for a modern office .

Most of them are shell and core , never used .

There must be a million square feet in Galway City . Empty . I know of offices finished in 2000 and never let and of offices lying empty since 2000 .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Anecdotal I know but I've just heard about one of the developers down here in Galway being in 50 million Euro's worth of debt. Multiply that by a 100 and we're talking a lot of money and I'm sure there are more than a 100 such developers in Ireland at the moment. The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Anecdotal I know but I've just heard about one of the developers down here in Galway being in 50 million Euro's worth of debt. Multiply that by a 100 and we're talking a lot of money and I'm sure there are more than a 100 such developers in Ireland at the moment. The mind boggles.
    Developers owe a significant portion of the GDP to the banks. I forget how much exactly, I think it was half the GDP.

Advertisement