Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prawn dumplings

• 16-12-2008 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I'm looking to make steamed prawn dumplings.

I know what a prawn is, basically. That's my starting point.

Can anyone tell me how?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I've made these once before using a good recipe with pics (don't have it here at work but can post later if needed).

It took so long and was pretty tricky that I decided that some things weren't worth it esp. when I have to walk through Chinatown to get home from work everyday :)

I do find that for these type of things where it's more of just a case of mixing ingredients in a bowl that a video helps to show exactly whar needs to be done. Videojug.com will surely have something...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

If your in Dublin go to one of the chinese shops and buy the dumpling skins (usually frozen).

Cut up the prawns, add ginger, garlic, soy sauce, some rice wine (or sherry) and some salt and pepper.

Mix all of these in a bowl and leave for about 30 minutes or so in the fridge. Then take the mixture out, put a little bit in the wrapper and fold.

Steam for 6 to 8 minutes.

(I've made these with pork before so you may need to change it slightly for Prawn, I usually use leeks/spring onion too).

Advertisement