Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queenstown

Options
  • 16-12-2008 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking about going to Queenstown for a couple of days maybe at the end of Jan with the g/f.

Would only be there for two nights. Where is best to go and to stay. We'd be on a budget, but still would like a hotel in or near the city that isn't too expensive.

What is there to do in a short space of time?

We'd be flying down. Is it easy to get to the city from the airport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Eat a Fergburger! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

It's not a big place. Anywhere you stay will be pretty close to the centre.
    I stayed in this hostel: http://www.bumblesbackpackers.co.nz/. It's a nice smaller hostel, fairly cheap and clean.
    I'd say they're all pretty busy this time of the year, so maybe check it out sooner rather than later. There's also Base, which is huge, annoying, shit, and full of big groups of loud English kids on the piss. It is however probably cheaper than other places. (I realise you asked about hotel specifically, but I know nothing about them!)

There's so much to do in Queenstown it's not funny. There's bungee jumping, skydiving, jetboating, white water rafting and sledging, hanggliding, hiking (basically every type of outdoor activity you can think of.) Shotover Street is one of the main streets and it has tonnes of shops where you can organise these activities.

If you had more time I'd recommend a day trip to Milford Sound, it's an incredible place. Buses leave from Queenstown. But as you only have 2 days I guess you'll have to decide if you want to spend one of those on it.

I've no idea where the airport is, so can't help you with that one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭88show

if you have money to throw away then there's absolutely loads to do.
    you think of any outdoors adventure extreme blah blah to do and it's there. the airport is in frankton which is about 10mins max out of the town centre on a good run. even if you find a place in frankton you can have a nice lake front walk to town and it'll take no more than 30mins.
    there's nice walks around ferny hill, down from the gondolas, bike riding out to arrowtown,glenorchy
    lots to do

Advertisement