Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast Fit in Lisbaun Estate

Options
  • 16-12-2008 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Anyone ever used these guys. How reliable are they for tracking, balancing tyres etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

One time I was really stuck and used them, fella who dealt with me was an ignorant pr1ck who didn't give a sh1te.

I'd take my money across the road to Calbro (On the Tuam Road, underneath Calbro House)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Never heard of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mjconn

biko wrote: »
    Never heard of them.
    Excellent contribution to my question!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

used them to fit two tyres once - as johnc said - they seemed like they didn't want the business and i was putting them out of their way.

I'd go to a place that actually wanted business.

I can handle people been ignorant and been pricks if they do the job correctly, as it is probably the only time il use them. With the pockets abit bare the last few weeks, they were the best price I could get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

mjconn wrote: »
    I can handle people been ignorant and been pricks if they do the job correctly, as it is probably the only time il use them. With the pockets abit bare the last few weeks, they were the best price I could get.

Go to your man out in Clonboo......Francis Melia or something. He Is good, friendly and reasonably priced...from My experience anyway

The problem is that I need to get it done on my lunch break today. Everywhere I rang said they needed the car for a few hours, whereas they said they could do it in 30min if I booked an appointment. Il give them a try,im sure they cant make the car any worse than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

The problem is that I need to get it done on my lunch break today. Everywhere I rang said they needed the car for a few hours, whereas they said they could do it in 30min if I booked an appointment. Il give them a try,im sure they cant make the car any worse than it is.

The guy in clon boo has a call out service during the day

cuculainn wrote: »
    Go to your man out in Clonboo......Francis Melia or something. He Is good, friendly and reasonably priced...from My experience anyway
    cuculainn wrote: »
    The guy in clon boo has a call out service during the day

He'll match EireTyres prices too - but you gotta ask him
    (Well, he did when I asked him if he could before, things could have changed)

Well, just got back from FastFit. They seemed ok to me. 30 euro for tracking and balancing. Said bushels were fine. Got it done in 30 min so it was fine.

My problem now is that i dont think it has solved my fecking steering issue! Will need a good clear run in the car to try it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Said bushels were fine...

Thats good news, you shouldn't spill your wheat as you drive.

Did they do four-wheel tracking or just the front? Sometimes you need to go the extra bit - you don't say what the problem is, and if you have a serious handling problem, looking for the cheapest solution often works out expensive in the end.

If I'd seen the thread sooner I'd have recommended Park Tyres in Tuam - they went to do the tracking on my last car and they correctly diagnosed crash damage which hadn't been noticed by other garages (one front wheel 25mm further back than the other).

'cptr

Thats good news, you shouldn't spill your wheat as you drive.

Did they do four-wheel tracking or just the front? Sometimes you need to go the extra bit - you don't say what the problem is, and if you have a serious handling problem, looking for the cheapest solution often works out expensive in the end.

If I'd seen the thread sooner I'd have recommended Park Tyres in Tuam - they went to do the tracking on my last car and they correctly diagnosed crash damage which hadn't been noticed by other garages (one front wheel 25mm further back than the other).

'cptr

What did ya do? What was damaged - subframe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

JohnCleary wrote: »
    What did ya do? What was damaged - subframe?

It was an ELV so I disposed of it - it had been wearing tyres unevenly since I got it and I reckoned the tracking was out - it must have been whacked into a kerb at some stage. I couldn't find subframe damage but the subframe mounting bolts looked like they went in at an angle on one side - I suspect a s/h subframe had been guntered on by the previous 'owner'. I should really buy proper cars but it was a 00 Fiat Brava I bought for €230 and put 10k miles on it. It ate two sets of front tyres in that time...

Most of my cars are ELV's - currently driving a 2.5l Legacy Outback which I bought for €500. Thank god the juice is 99.9c/l...

'cptr

'cptr

I didnt say what the problem was cus im not sure myself. They done 4-wheel tracking. They werent the cheapest solution, got the same quote from 2 other places but they were out of my way. Maybr they might have spooted something, im not sure.

I drove the car home last night and the steering is still not solid. The wheel is very shaky. sometime the wheel is pointing to the left when the tyres are facing forward.

A few months back, I was driving from barna to westide and I had to go up on a kerb to get around a car. I came down careful enough but I turned left at the set of trafic lights and the car just skidded. Hasnt been the same since. Have replaced the shocks already. I dont know, maybe its all in my head. A garage is going to look at it for me on friday, hopefully they will spot something.

Advertisement