Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Wine Kris Kindle present

Options
  • 16-12-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello

I have to get a kris kindle present for someone in work and the budget is €20 I know he like red wine and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as I am a white wine drinker and don't have a clue about reds.

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bops85

Montepulciano Yume, fantastic red wine, around €18.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Not sure where you're based but . . . Marques de Riscal Rioja Reserva is popular, in and around twenty notes, widely available and decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭EM2008

thanks a million thats a great help.
    In Dublin by the way so loads of places i can go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

rediguana wrote: »
    Not sure where you're based but . . . Marques de Riscal Rioja Reserva is popular, in and around twenty notes, widely available and decent.

+1 for this. Will be having it Christmas day myself. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

If they like red wine I'd recommend a Chateauneuf Du Pape or a Saint Emilion Premier Grand Cru if possible. If you want to be safer then the Rioja Reserva above is a good way to go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CorkMediaGroup

EM2008 wrote: »
    Hello

I have to get a kris kindle present for someone in work and the budget is €20 I know he like red wine and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as I am a white wine drinker and don't have a clue about reds.

thanks

conchetore Chillian wine about 9euro and you could get him great this last minute gift idea it's greatfor the person who has everything a copy of “Don’t Hassel the Hoff: The Autobiography should get a good laugh at work. 51%2BiOQm6nTL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

thanks everyone for the great ideas.. where would I get my hands on the book " don't hassle the hoff"

Thats great stuff thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

CorkMediaGroup, you can't link random sites in your posts, it's spammy and not permitted.

Please read and abide by the forums rules on advertising.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Tori

Well EM2008, I used to be a white wine drinker but not since trying the red stuff! My favourite it Las Moras Shiraz, or Rosemount Shiraz is a good all rounder and both around 13.99. I would drink Cabernet also but I think there's a lot more flavour from Shiraz wines. Why don't you try some out yourself and let us know how you got on? You might convert ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

You're in Dublin? Get down to Harvey Nichols' mini-me wine shop and buy Abadia Retuerta "Seleccion Especial" Sardon de Duero. E26. Outrageously-good wine. I won't bore people with my tasting notes but, suffice to say, I like it.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone I ended up getting him Chateauneuf Du Pape and a giant box of jelly tots for a bit of fun..
    Thanks again for your help

Advertisement