Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Cloaking device question

Options
  • 16-12-2008 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone please explain to me which of these is better, and why? Dread Guristas Cloaking Device or Tech II Cloak

The only difference is the Scan Resolution Bonus of .05%. What does that mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

With a cloak fitted it affects your overall scan resolution (lock time on another ship/npc/target), so the dread guristas one gives you less of a penalty to your lock time than the tech II. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

By 0.05%, hardly worth the expense? :)

azezil wrote: »
    By 0.05%, hardly worth the expense? :)

That extra fraction of a second can always be beneficial :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Compare the time before you can lock a target after decloaking too. Check it ingame btw.. not on battleclinic..

I couldn't find the Dread Guristas Cloaking Device on the market :(

• Advertisement

azezil wrote: »
    I couldn't find the Dread Guristas Cloaking Device on the market :(

You know how to use the contract system right, because you won't find faction/deadspace/officer items on the normal market system and its why the contract system is used. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

As a rule of thumb, if you're looking for faction items on the market you might want to rein in your horses before you start putting faction items on your ship.

Oh, didn't think of that! hehe I'll check it out laters, cheers ^_^

Advertisement