Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane McGowan, Sharon Shannon and Mundy

Options
  • 16-12-2008 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Abbey Hotel, Donegal Town, 28th december, anyone going, havn't got my ticket yet (asuming any left), not sure anyone else i know interested, any word on ticket availabilty, should be a good show

;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I was told this had sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

irish-stew wrote: »
    Abbey Hotel, Donegal Town, 28th december, anyone going, havn't got my ticket yet (asuming any left), not sure anyone else i know interested, any word on ticket availabilty, should be a good show

;)
    Wouldn't go if you paid me too. And I would have sympathy for the people in the front seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

That would be a brilliant gig id love to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Would love to go to this gig....but I have tickets for the Saw Doctors in the Abbey on the 27th:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

muffler wrote: »
    Wouldn't go if you paid me too. And I would have sympathy for the people in the front seats.

Muffler you could just turn off your hearing aid. ;)

I'd say it would be a great gig, wouldn't be my style of music, but it would be an entertaining show.

• Advertisement

Senna wrote: »
    Muffler you could just turn off your hearing aid. ;)

I'd say it would be a great gig, wouldn't be my style of music, but it would be an entertaining show.
    :D Nice one.

But it would be more the opposite in that you'd probably need ear plugs when that hash McGowan would attempt to sing - or as I said if you are in the front row you'd be safer with a bucket or a spittoon on your lap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

muffler wrote: »
    :D Nice one.

But it would be more the opposite in that you'd probably need ear plugs when that hash McGowan would attempt to sing - or as I said if you are in the front row you'd be safer with a bucket or a spittoon on your lap :D

Shane McGowan is a grand singer, if you are lucky enough to catch him on form you couldnt but be impressed. The man is a genius, if you look at some of the songs he has composed.

Very easy to slag a fella for being sick.

Deedsie wrote: »
    Shane McGowan is a grand singer, if you are lucky enough to catch him on form you couldnt but be impressed. The man is a genius, if you look at some of the songs he has composed.
    A very talented song writer & musician perhaps but most certainly a poor singer.
    Deedsie wrote: »
    Very easy to slag a fella for being sick drunk.
    See. I fixed that for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

hah saw him with the pogues in the early 90's (Derby assembly rooms ) one of the best gigs i've been to absolutely mental. he could hardly stand when he came on and there was a fridge full of beer (and god knows what else ) at the side of the stage.

Advertisement