Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW trade prices..

Options
  • 16-12-2008 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at two BMW 320d SE cars at the moment and wanted to get an idea of the approx trade value of the cars.

2006/Ant cloth/44117m/PDC rear/Cruise/Sunroof - €28,950

also

2005/Ant cloth/31131m/PDC front+rear/Cruise/Bluetooth/Metallic paint - €27,475

Could you give me an idea of the approx trade price for these cars, and also what I could realistically expect to buy them for from the dealer.

Also, there is a current 24month BMW warranty offer - what can I realistically expect this to be valued at and cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

doubtfir3 wrote: »
    I'm looking at two BMW 320d SE cars at the moment and wanted to get an idea of the approx trade value of the cars.
    doubtfir3 wrote: »
    Also, there is a current 24month BMW warranty offer - what can I realistically expect this to be valued at and cost?

You're either buying them trade, or not. You can't buy a car trade, and expect the 24 month warranty to go hand in hand with it. Perhaps you mean the straight sale price without a trade in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

And if you're buying straight you'd be mad not to head to the UK for one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

my brother in law has an 07 320 petrol. mint ,low miles. he was shocked to be offered a very low price as a trade in on a new 09 car. i forget the details.
    he was not aware that the july 08 price drop had undermined his cars value. nor was he aware that his car has higher road tax than the new ones. like maybe 8 to 10 k under the advertised second hand prices. What ever you do dont rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I was doing a bit of research on a 320d from the UK recently and I could get a 2005 E90 320d M Sport with 65k miles for around €19k to €20k including VRT, depending on the extras.

€27k for an Irish one is comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

From the OPs questions I assume he is trying to figure out the cost of the car to the dealer plus the cost of warranty so that he can go in there and make them an offer somewhere just above cost to them. He has no intention of buying the car trade I think.
    I think this is a reasonable way to go about makinig an offer in the current climate. After all the OP holds all the cards here. He seems to be buying straight so he can make them a reasonable offer and see what happens. Id say the dealers would be happy enough to clear out the forecourt at little or no profit at this stage to allow them to start trading properly in the new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

ned78 wrote: »
    You're either buying them trade, or not. You can't buy a car trade, and expect the 24 month warranty to go hand in hand with it. Perhaps you mean the straight sale price without a trade in?

I have a few friends who I could ask to go in and buy the car at trade prices (they are dealers). I was wondering about the approx value of the 24 month warranty so that I could factor it in to costs.
    EPM wrote: »
    And if you're buying straight you'd be mad not to head to the UK for one...

Had a good look and see a nice 320d ES 2005 which I can land here in Ireland for approx 22k (based on advertised sell price - not actual "agreed" price) - again, just want to see what I could reasonably expect to pay if I was to get a friend to buy it for me.
    mickdw wrote: »
    From the OPs questions I assume he is trying to figure out the cost of the car to the dealer plus the cost of warranty so that he can go in there and make them an offer somewhere just above cost to them. He has no intention of buying the car trade I think.
    I think this is a reasonable way to go about makinig an offer in the current climate. After all the OP holds all the cards here. He seems to be buying straight so he can make them a reasonable offer and see what happens. Id say the dealers would be happy enough to clear out the forecourt at little or no profit at this stage to allow them to start trading properly in the new year

Exactly.

I am a cash buyer, with no trade in for the garage, so its basically do to opinions on what I could reasonably expect to pay:

- cash purchase from seller
    - cash purchase through dealer friend
    - cash purchase from seller with and without 24 month warranty

or, go to the UK, and get no additional warranty, get the car for e.g. 5k less than advertised here in Ireland, but realise that in the next 12 months that I have to spend 5k on repairs for the car...

I of course realise that there is a certain element of the unknown in all of this (regarding future performance and reliability of the car) but was just interested in whether someone could advise opinions for example:

car selling in Ireland value 27k
    warranty approx value 2k
    trade price approx 22k

so, advice to me would be to buy the car through trade.

or

car selling in Ireland value 27k
    warranty approx value 2k
    trade price approx 24k

in this case, best to go and buy the car for say 25k cash from the dealer with the warranty.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Id say make them a low offer for the car via retail route.

Advertisement