Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockband problem

Options
  • 16-12-2008 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

We just got the rockband wii game and cant get the guitar to work at all. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

mamacita wrote: »
    We just got the rockband wii game and cant get the guitar to work at all. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

I have one of these and the Wiimote plugs into the back of the Guitar. Can you use the Wiimote to go into the practise part of the game? If so, then you can have a play around with the buttons or things to see if you can get it working.

When you say that you can't get the guitar to work, I assume you mean that your Wiimote is working fine, but then the guitar isn't responding when you plug it into the Wiimote? If so, then the best thing is to bring the game back to where you bought it.

Also... I can't remember if the neck of the guitar disconnects on the Wii version, but that's a common problem. If so, disconnect the neck of the guitar, and reconnect it... Sometimes that might fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Wait... I just realised that the guitar I have is for Guitar Hero, so the above that I posted is kinda useless.

The one for Rock Band has a little white thing (dongle) that plugs into your Wii... (see pic)

rock%20band%20guitar.jpg

Do you have this little white thing? If so, is it plugged in? If it's plugged in, does the light on the dongle come on? If so, what colour is the light?

Can you try the following? (in this exact order)

1) turn on guitar (after putting in batteries, of course)
    2) turn on Wii and plug in dongle
    3) push button on dongle, then push small, white, recessed button on guitar - this should get the guitar and dongle to synchronize (apparently they use Bluetooth)
    4) dongle LED should stop flashing (and go solid on, I think)
    5) guitar LEDs should stop flashing and one of the four will go solid on

Can you let me know how you get on? This problem is a common one.

Advertisement