Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard disk swapping

• 16-12-2008 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Couple of Qs - Sorry if these have been asked - I searched the forum and interwibble and couldn't find the answer

I’m due to receive a new 120 GB HDD for my 360 but it’s a far-east knockoff job that comes sans transfer cable. Can I continue to play the two games I have installed on the 20GB drive and swap to the 120GB drive for other games? Also, how does one get ones profile from 20GB to 120GB hard drive?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 steffgeezer

Thanks - was hoping not to have to get the memory card - the cost per megabyte is like 1990s prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

take the hard drive out of the case, use Xplorer360 to dump it and move it to the bigger hdd the same way. Worked great for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 steffgeezer

Nice one! Just what i was looking for - Cheers docentore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

docentore wrote: »
    take the hard drive out of the case, use Xplorer360 to dump it and move it to the bigger hdd the same way. Worked great for me!

Presumably this will void the warranty?

Anyone know hom much a 256 memory card would be in GAME? - want to get one before xmas...

• Advertisement

It will void warranty, but have you seen hdd in 360 failing? The warranty would be only for the hard drive.

BTW there is a cheaper way to get larger hdd for your 360, but thats another story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

docentore wrote: »
    It will void warranty, but have you seen hdd in 360 failing? The warranty would be only for the hard drive.

BTW there is a cheaper way to get larger hdd for your 360, but thats another story

Ah ok, I thought it would void the RROD. I think i'll try that out then.

Bought an xbox for myself, all my saves are on the bro's HD thats why I want the transfer. :)

no, no. your precious console is safe, you're voiding the hdd warranty only. there are fes good tutorials on the web how to do it, its very simple. Good Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

i tried that with xplorer360, 20gb to 120gb,copied everything fine, but loaded up on the new disk, no gamer profile and once i recovered it i tested the dlc and saves, nothing works??

any idea's???

Advertisement