Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn sack Paul Ince : BBC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

inevitable really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Can't say it wasn't coming... hope this doesn't mean Keith Andrews is out the door soon aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4653536,00.html
    Blackburn Rovers have confirmed that they have sacked manager Paul Ince.

Sky Sports revealed on Tuesday that Ince was meeting with John Williams about his future, and they have now confirmed his departure.

Ince only arrived in the summer from League One Milton Keynes Dons as he replaced Mark Hughes, who opted to join Manchester City.

Now with the club sat second from bottom of the table and five points adrift of safety, Rovers have decided they needed to take action.

"Three wins in 17 games has seen a squad, which finished seventh last season, fall to 19th position. We are currently in real danger of becoming detached from the pack," said chairman John Williams.

"The survival of the club in the Premier League is paramount and our focus now is on finding a replacement who will be able to maintain our top division status.

"Paul will bounce back, he is a fighter and we wish him well."

Early reports suggest that former boss Graeme Souness is one of the favourites to replace Ince, with the likes of Sam Allardyce, Alan Curbishley and Roberto Mancini also linked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Blackburn have sacked manager Paul Ince after only three wins in 17 Premier League games left the club languishing second from bottom in the table.

Ince left MK Dons in June to join Blackburn but Rovers' last league win was at Newcastle on 27 September.

Chairman John Williams said: "Three wins in 17 games has seen a squad which finished seventh last season fall to 19th place.

"We are currently in danger of becoming detached from the pack."

The decision to sack Ince was taken after a Blackburn board meeting and Williams made it clear that the need to keep the club in the top flight was behind the move.

Former boss Graeme Souness is an early front-runner to take over, possibly assisted by veteran Blackburn midfield man Tugay.

Williams was publicly critical of Blackburn's display in what proved to be Ince's final game, the 3-0 defeat at Wigan on Saturday.

He added: "The survival of the club in the Premier League is paramount and our focus is on finding a replacement who will be able to maintain our top-division status.

"Paul will bounce back, he is a fighter and we wish him well."

A statement released on the Blackburn website said: "The board, having selected Paul Ince back in June, were desperate for him to succeed and wanted to give him as much time as possible in the unforgiving environment of the Premier League, where time is such a precious commodity."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭token56

Keane for Blackburn:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

token56 wrote: »
    Keane for Blackburn:rolleyes:

Said it 2 weeks ago, watch this space. :cool:

Ince for Sundireland! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I'm stunned :p

Christmas is not a good time for managers, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭token56

Tom65 wrote: »
    I'm stunned :p

Christmas is not a good time for managers, is it?

January will also be the manager transfer window

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Not surprised at all after that run of results, but definitely surprised he didn't make a better impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Bound to happen, only problem now is he will probably get a hefty severance package hampering us in January for transfers. Curbs or Allardyce should get it, definitely not Keane and i wont even discuss Souness! The club suits the likes of Allardyce and Curbishley more where a solid defence is key which has been a problem for them this season even though the back hasnt changed. Can really spot the importance of Friedel though, worth about 20 goals a season for his saves

I reckon Curbs is a good shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sparky to go back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Des wrote: »
    I reckon Curbs is a good shout.

1+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I reckon Big Sam has a good chance as well though. Blackburn are the kind of physicaly imposing team that he prefers and does well with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the bookies have G Souness at favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Sparky to go back

Wishful thinking on your part I think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Shocking decision.
    They lost Bentley and Friedel during the summer and Ince was given F-all resources to purchase. He was unlucky to lose Reid to injury and as good a player as Tugay was the chap is nearly 40 now and no longer at the top level.
    I think he would have kept them up however as I reckon the players really respected him.
    I hope they get relegated now.

Tomthepost wrote: »
    He was unlucky to lose Reid to injury

lol

he was lucky to have Reid fit for even one game, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Wishful thinking on your part I think :D

Au contraire. I'm now in the minority that wants him to stay until at least the end of the season. The last thing we need is another change of manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Its Keane look at the markets move!

Keane would be a silly appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Au contraire. I'm now in the minority that wants him to stay until at least the end of the season. The last thing we need is another change of manager.

I think relegation is the last thing you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Average-Ro wrote: »
    I reckon Big Sam has a good chance as well though. Blackburn are the kind of physicaly imposing team that he prefers and does well with.

the media reckon Allardyce's preference is for Sunderland, and he still seems to be on Quinn's shortlist. he probably wouldn't commit to Blackburn until that spot is filled, which could be after Xmas from the noises coming out of Sunderland. I'd say Blackburn would want to get someone in quicker than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

+1,000,000,000,000,000 (you get the idea)

As for the market move for Keane, one phrase comes to mind ''fools and their money are easily parted'' ;)

We'll see who's laughing when I'm a millionaire!!! :D

(not really)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Dave! wrote: »
    We'll see who's laughing when I'm a millionaire!!! :D

(not really)

Ah yeah but you'll loose it all when you then back Keane to keep Blackburn up and they're relegated by March ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

An Fhile wrote: »
    Not surprised at all after that run of results, but definitely surprised he didn't make a better impact.

I'm not. I mean, the step up from League One to the PL is huge, perhaps Ince should've spent a few more years learning his trade. That said, offensively Blackburn have been good, it's just the defence which has let them down.

Very strong rumours for Keane!! I'll make a tidy sum if there true

• Advertisement

Is Keane still living in the Manchester area?

Tomthepost wrote: »
    Shocking decision.
    They lost Bentley and Friedel during the summer and Ince was given F-all resources to purchase.

Friedel didnt go for much and Arsenal recieved 40% of Bentleys transfer fee so there wasnt much money in the first place. It isnt a wealthy club, has one of the lowest attendances in the league and has succeeded through shrewd purchases of cheap players eg. warnock, bentley, pedersen, derbyshire, samba.

Its a perfect enivronment for Curbs or Big Sam

Is Keane still living in the Manchester area?
    Yep :D

Keane would be a disaster at Blackburn

Villain wrote: »
    Yep :D

hehehe.

So another ex-Utd player gets the boot...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

na na na na......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Keane would be a disaster at Blackburn

Would be quiet ironic all the same all those years after he gave Kenny Daglish his word he would sign for them only to go to UTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Curbishley at 10-1 is a great bet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Obviously not surprised, it was just a question of when it was going to happen. Kind of sad to see it happen to someone i loved so much as a player but thats life as a manager in the Premier League, or Premiership, which is it again:confused::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Wouldn't surpise me if Keane was offered the job a fornight ago.

Wifey was never going to make the move from manchester with the kids apartently, this would suit him down to the ground.

Compared to Sunderland who could be in the top 8 before the end of christmas if they get 6-7 points :eek: Blackburn look screwed.
    hehehe.

What other ex United player got the boot lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

hehehe.

Yeah, I never realised that. They could go for 3 in a row! (or 4 out of 5 if they go back to Kidd).

I'd be surprised if it was Keane. I'd put my money on Curbishley.

Though I think they'll want to appoint someone before the Christmas fixtures. Sunderland have Sbragia and he seems to be doing quite well. Blackburn don't have that, and they can't afford to come out of the Christmas period worse than they went in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

always knew ince wouldnt be good. fergie always thought he was a bit of a plonker too didnt he ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This decision was always coming. Ince was shown up to be out of his depth.

Ok Lads dismiss this post as you like but...

I have got information that Keane will be named as the new blackburn manager tomorrow, I have never posted a post like this but the info I have got seems rock solid, believe or dismiss I hope to a lot better off this time tomorrow as I got him at crazy odds this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Wouldn't take his fancy, Blackburn have no money to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Ok Lads dismiss this post as you like but...

I have got information that Keane will be named as the new blackburn manager tomorrow, I have never posted a post like this but the info I have got seems rock solid, believe or dismiss I hope to a lot better off this time tomorrow as I got him at crazy odds this morning :D

You better be right Villian, just stuck a few quid on him on betfair at 17/1

Well I'm well into debt if I'm wrong but I have put money where my mouth is and I really can't see how my info is wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

wouldnt see any sense in Keane joining Blackburn, why leave Sunderland who have better prospects to join a team with no money, no fans, and i just cant see it!

must be a few pound on him though, he has been cut to 4/1 with pp now

can i ask you how you came across this info? or why you would see no reason at all to doubt it?

I can't really can't say I'm afraid, I know its annoying and obviously things can change but the info I recieved was before today and it said Ince would go today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

fair enough, just wondering how you could be so sure when it seems like an odd appointment, i thought it was odd that he left before the end of the season however and i know how important his family is and it would of course impact his career path so i wont say you are wrong, but i dont think id be punting at 4/1, ahh maybe a small one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I can't really can't say I'm afraid, I know its annoying and obviously things can change but the info I recieved was before today and it said Ince would go today.

Jesus, who'd of thunk of that. Ah no, serioulsy, I hope it comes through for you mate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement