Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn sack Paul Ince : BBC

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

kryogen wrote: »
    fair enough, just wondering how you could be so sure when it seems like an odd appointment, i thought it was odd that he left before the end of the season however and i know how important his family is and it would of course impact his career path so i wont say you are wrong, but i dont think id be punting at 4/1, ahh maybe a small one :)

I wouldn't even have a punt at 50/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Jesus, who'd of thunk of that. Ah no, serioulsy, I hope it comes through for you mate.
    Thats not all the information obviously just the first part of the info and it happened just as my info said it would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭DenMan

Knew this was going to happen. In fact in another post I said he would be gone just before Christmas and low and behold that's what happened. Wasn't given the time to get his team together and shape them. Moving up from the lower leagues is a no-no and has backfired big time. Nothing wrong with Ince but it was an awful lot to ask and given the environment he was working in, it's no surprise. Very cuthroat the Premiership can be. Bad for young English managers too imo.

umm betfair is getting busy on Keane readers of this thread or is it leaking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I would be amazed if Keane became Blackburn manager but I suppose stranger things have happened.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I wouldn't even have a punt at 50/1
    Lay him on befair so I might put a few more Euro's on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Villain wrote: »
    Ok Lads dismiss this post as you like but...

I have got information that Keane will be named as the new blackburn manager tomorrow, I have never posted a post like this but the info I have got seems rock solid, believe or dismiss I hope to a lot better off this time tomorrow as I got him at crazy odds this morning :D
    Well I'm well into debt if I'm wrong but I have put money where my mouth is and I really can't see how my info is wrong!
    I can't really can't say I'm afraid, I know its annoying and obviously things can change but the info I recieved was before today and it said Ince would go today.

Good for you. I hope you lumped on properly. My biggest sports bet of 2008 has gone on the very same thing.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Good for you. I hope you lumped on properly. My biggest sports bet of 2008 has gone on the very same thing.
    Have you got info too or just a hunch?

Have you got info too or just a hunch?

Lets just say I gamble a fair bit, and don't like losing! ;)

• Advertisement

Lay him on befair so I might put a few more Euro's on :D

I like a bet but have never looked at betfair, how does it work say in this case i.e Keane, I open an account, I don't believe Keane will be Blackburn manager, so do I lay him and can I limit my liability, sorry for taking OT.

I like a bet but have never looked at betfair, how does it work say in this case i.e Keane, I open an account, I don't believe Keane will be Blackburn manager, so do I lay him and can I limit my liability, sorry for taking OT.
    Yea thats basically it you set the stake and the odds so if you lay 3 at €10 then you could lose €30 and win €10

Yea thats basically it you set the stake and the odds so if you lay 3 at €10 then you could lose €30 and win €10

when you say lay at 3, is that like 2/1 i.e. 10*2+10stake=30

when you say lay at 3, is that like 2/1 i.e. 10*2+10stake=30
    Yep thats it

Betfair is very user friendly and has a fairly comprehensive demo for you to go through before you make any sort of wager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lads, there's €8 available on him at 20s on bf at the mo. Lump on guys. Allardyce is also odds on.

• Advertisement

Lads, there's €8 available on him at 20s on bf at the mo. Lump on guys. Allardyce is also odds on.
    Oh I'm watching and waiting got 21's a minute ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I registered on BF the other day, haven't gotten around to trying to figure it out yet though :p There's always better odds there than the bookies, so I figure it's a no brainer really...

Oh I'm watching and waiting got 21's a minute ago.

Why? If it's such a sure thing why not take up all the money now and then gobble up some more.:confused: Also, why not stick load up at 21's instead of wating for it?

Why? If it's such a sure thing why not take up all the money now and then gobble up some more.:confused: Also, why not stick load up at 21's instead of wating for it?
    Because I have as about as much as I can afford already bet earlier so I'm looking for value and if you sit and watch it comes along every so often :D

This is either going to be a quite xmas or f*cking amazing one :D

Because I have as about as much as I can afford already bet earlier so I'm looking for value and if you sit and watch it comes along every so often :D

This is either going to be a quite xmas or f*cking amazing one :D

Best of luck with it, I think you'll need it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Never bet on anything that's not 20-1 or above on manager markets. They are absolute money traps, especially at this stage

None of the betting sites are showing odds now, do they close down manager markets for the night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

None of the betting sites are showing odds now, do they close down manager markets for the night?

Aye. They could get raped if a story broke late at night, and they were shorthanded to react.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

but on the laying side ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

All I can say about this is that the new manager was approached before it was revealed that Ince was leaving.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

eagle eye wrote: »
    All I can say about this is that the new manager was approached before it was revealed that Ince was leaving.;)
    Big Sam would be my guess. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

As for the market move for Keane, one phrase comes to mind ''fools and their money are easily parted'' ;)

Phew was gettin quite worried there when i seen the market on betfair last night, I would have looked quite the fool :pac: thankfully it would seem the board at Blackburn have a small bit of common sense remaining

Advertisement